Friday, September 16, 2011

Open Mic

So I had a very extraordinary, interesting, relieving experience last night.  I'm really not quite sure what word I'd like to use to describe it.

On Wednesday of this week we finally had a full day of rain.  Unfortunately my emotions mimicked the weather outside.  It was not a good day.  I talked and cried with Greg when he got home from work that day and vented a lot of things.  None of my "concerns" were new.  None of them were surprising to me.  The hard part was the fact that they just keep showing up on a regular basis and I'm not quite sure what to do about them. 

Fortunately my emotions kind of blew away yesterday, along with the rain.  It was a good day.  Yesterday evening my ward had a relief society meeting.  I was really looking forward to it since it was all about food storage, bargain shopping, decorating, and cooking.  All of my likes.  The classes were great.  And the dessert looked delicious except I never got to it because I was caught up in conversation and before I knew it they had put it all away.  Oh well.

So now to the so said extraordinary, interesting, relieving experiences.  There were 4.  I won't go into specifics because that is not important.  But I will tell you this, each of those 4 experiences in my interactions that night addressed a very specific "concern" I had had on Wednesday.  When I came home last night I joked to Greg about how almost "creepy" it was.  If I didn't know better I would have thought that all the ladies had gathered on Wednesday to listen to a "recording" of my venting.  They had then sat down and said, "OK Mary (names are fictional), you need to make sure you talk to Megan and weave concern X into your conversation so that she knows she's not alone."

Are all my problems and "concerns" fixed?  No.  Will they resurface again?  Most likely.  But last night was another testament to me that there is ALWAYS someone listening.  He didn't send me exactly what I thought I needed but He did let me know that I'm not alone in the way I feel and that these feelings and concerns are a part of our mortal life and that it's OK.  He very strongly showed me that we are all just trying to do, to learn, and to become.  We need to be patient with ourselves and with others.  Most importantly it made me so grateful for the microphone of our lives that is always open and always played for someone who has our best interests at hand and loves us completely, is constantly aware of our heartaches and pain, and allows us to learn through others.  I hope each of you see that in your own lives.

Have a great weekend!!

2 comments:

emily said...

awwww, sounds like it was a great night indeed. what a great reminder to you, and all of us, that someone does hear us and loves us and does answer our prayers and concerns. love it. love your title, too.

r.l.secor said...

Fabulous!!!! You have soooo needed that beautiful blessing! Thx for sharing it. Luv ya