Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Childishly Sophisticated

I think that's a perfect description for cupcakes.  Let me tell you why I like making cupcakes.  They can be REALLY easy, are very delicious, and yet look really "fancy".  Gone are the days of cupcakes just for kids.  We grown up kids love them too.


I have tried a few recipes lately but one I made a few months ago is still my favorite. 


Enjoy!



OREO TRUFFLE SURPRISE CUPCAKES
Ingredients:

1 package of oreos
4 oz. cream cheese
1 package of your favorite white cake mix made according to directions on box
Your favorite buttercream frosting (I just bought mine in a can, 2 was plenty)
1 can of Milk chocolate frosting
Any decoration you would like to use


Step 1
Crush 1/2 package of oreos.
Cream 4 oz. of softened cream cheese.
Blend together until fully mixed.
Roll into 1 inch balls.
Place in refrigerator.

Step 2.
Preheat oven to 350*
Place liners in pan.
Put 1/2 of an oreo in the bottom of the liner.
Mix up a white cake mix per the directions on the box.
Fill liners 1/3 of the way with batter.
Push an oreo truffle into the batter.
Cover the truffle with more batter.
(fill it 2/3 of the way total)

Step 3.
Bake cupcakes for 24 minutes.
Cool.
Frost with your favorite buttercream.
Freeze for 30 minutes.

Step 4.
Take a container of canned chocolate frosting.
Place in microwavable bowl.
Heat up slowly...10-15 seconds at a time.
You want the frosting to melt, not separate.
It is ready when the frosting consistency is like Elmer's glue.
Take cupcakes out of freezer.
Dip into heated frosting.
Top with fun sprinkles.


*Original Recipe found HERE







4 comments:

emily said...

holy moly. i want some now. :) would you personally deliver me some now? that would be so awesome.

Erin said...

Those look AMAZING!!! I can't wait to try out that recipe!! Thanks for sharing :)

Suze said...

they look great!! Gorgeous. Thanks for the recipe. I recently made cookie dough filled cupcakes and they turned out terrible. :( I'll have to try these oreo ones though!

Kendra said...

Oh my heavens!!! those look incredible, I am going to make some ASAP! thanks for sharing these gems!!!!!!!!!!!