Monday, September 19, 2011

Gorilla Glue


So I had high hopes of being able to show you a new project I had completed, but myself got in the way again!

A very frustrating character flaw I have is that I don't have much patience and I don't like to read directions.  Not the best combo to have when trying to diy.

This little project required Gorilla Glue.  I've never used this glue before and so I just thought it was super strong and that's all I needed to know.  Wrong!  So in reading the directions AFTER I used it I learned the following:

1.  Applying a small a mount of glue is truly in your best interest.  When you try and be a know.it.all like me, and apply copious amounts (to me more meant stronger) then you get something close to what it would look like if you over filled the soap in your dishwasher.  Foaming glue everywhere!!!

2.  There's a reason they tell you not get it on your hands.  It looked like I had a disease of some sort on my finger tips and they have cracked and are rough from trying to pick it off.

3.  When you make a mistake like this, you are most likely never to make it again.  Let's at least hope that's the result.

So this is a shout out to all you who ever work with Gorilla Glue in the future - make sure you read the directions first and believe what they say.

I will have my project for you next week.  Barring any other disasters do to my innate flaws.

No comments: