Costa Rica
It was my in-laws 50th anniversary and they very graciously took us all to the beautiful country of Costa Rica for a week. It was a great vacation. It's always difficult traveling with small ones, but they were really good for the most part and I don't feel like I really missed out on anything - except a relaxing vacation.
This was the beach right off our resort. It was beautiful. I am not a beach person but I was not going to let a view like this one pass me by. We flew down on a Saturday and spent Monday all day at the beach.
And now for a public service announcement, "If you decide to swim in the tropics and frolick in the water for hours, please remember to reapply your sunscreen SEVERAL times otherwise you may end up looking like this sad gentleman."
I know it's not very nice of me, but I laughed every time I saw this. The picture does not do it justice. It seriously looked like he had sprayed himself pink. It made him so grumpy and I was not very supportive. Poor Greggy.
In spite of the horrific sunburns many of us received we didn't let stop us from getting out and having fun.
One day we went zip lining and horseback riding and then got to go and swim at the most beautiful place I have every seen. We had the pools all to ourselves. It was heaven, I'm sure of it.
Lest you think I was a bad parents, Jack did not ride this horse alone. Although they shockingly did let us take both boys with us. That never would have happened in the USofA.
Zip lining was super fun. We even went upside down. Totally freaked me out but I did it!
Terri and Steve had Fun in the mud!
HEAVEN!!!
Another day we went on a river cruise and got to see all sorts of fun stuff.
Our last day, we took a catamaran out on the ocean. It was beautiful but SOOO stressful for parents of an 18month old who decided to be fearless on a boat with no sides. The sunset made it all worth it.
Our attempt at a family picture. The sunset was too beautiful for Christian to pass up - even for a family photo.
Crazy Aunt Tiffany catching a fish. Super fun!The beautiful Sunset!
And we can't forget to include a picture of the wonderful people who made it all possible. Thanks Bill and Coyann! It was a great trip. One we will never forget. Mostly because Jack still prays about it. Now I'd say that's a success.
















1 comment:
holy moly that looked amazing! how fun. but i do totally get the not "relaxing" part. :)
Post a Comment