Wednesday, September 21, 2011
Layered Spinach & Pot Sticker Salad
*This is a really yummy way to make a full meal out of a salad. If your kids are anything like mine they will love the fact that there are pot stickers and potato chips in it. This is definitely a good one for the summer. Sorry I'm sharing this now that it's almost fall. I will give you the recipe as I got it and then tell you what I do differently.
Ingredients
16 oz. frozen pot stickers
31/2 cups fresh whole strawberries, hulled
1/2 cup red wine vinegar
1/3 cup strawberry jam
1/3 cup olive oil
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
1 5 oz pkg. baby spinach (8cups)
BBQ potato chips
Cook pot stickers according to package directions. I tend to like mine pan fried/steamed. If you boil them, rinse gently in cold water; drain well and set aside.
To make the dressing, place 1 1/2 cups berries in large bowl. Crush with masher; whisk in vinegar, jam, oil, ginger, and pepper. Layer pot stickers and spinach. Quarter or slice remaining berries; layer on spinach. refrigerate covered, up to 1 hour. Serve topped with chips.
I did not like the dressing they use here. It was to bitter and not sweet enough. I actually just used a store bought raspberry vinaigrette or I'd add sugar to this one. It's really a personal preference. Also, instead of layering the salad as one big entree, I made the plates up individually. It's just easier that way - especially with kids.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
This looks awesome!
Post a Comment