So we don't need to keep reading my depressing log anymore. Just expect that you will probably see one every month around that ever so special time of the month. That is until I get pregnant and then I can't make any promises.
So, you may have noticed (and then maybe not) that I changed the name of our blog. I was tired of the other one and it didn't really describe us. We are crazy, but not necessarily in the fun crazy sense I was hoping. We are probably more the neurotic crazy and we just don't want to go there. But, we are funny and our little Ellie definitely is. There is a story behind the name change, so get comfy.
The other night when we were over at our friends (the same ones that her comment made me all depressed) their little girl came in and was telling us adults that "funny girl" was dancing in the other room. It was after this comment that we got the low down on the name. I guess their daughter calls Ellie "funny girl" because she is always laughing - and thus funny. I thought it was really cute and 100% agree, so I thought it was the perfect name for the blog. Especially because the blog is mostly about her.
So along that theme, I will relay a story of something funny that happened today. We went to Target today to find some birthday presents for Ellie (she will be 2 on the Thursday). You will have to wait to hear what she got, but one thing we got was a new dress for her to wear that day. She is TOTALLY a girl and loves to wear dresses these days. When she is wearing one, she is constantly looking at herself in the mirror or pointing to the dress while she says, "Cute, cute." So of course she was saying this the whole time we were looking at dresses. After I had finally picked one, we started to walk on to look at other things and she says (while waving), "Bye cute. Bye, bye." If that isn't funny and cute, then I don't know what is.
So, you may have noticed (and then maybe not) that I changed the name of our blog. I was tired of the other one and it didn't really describe us. We are crazy, but not necessarily in the fun crazy sense I was hoping. We are probably more the neurotic crazy and we just don't want to go there. But, we are funny and our little Ellie definitely is. There is a story behind the name change, so get comfy.
The other night when we were over at our friends (the same ones that her comment made me all depressed) their little girl came in and was telling us adults that "funny girl" was dancing in the other room. It was after this comment that we got the low down on the name. I guess their daughter calls Ellie "funny girl" because she is always laughing - and thus funny. I thought it was really cute and 100% agree, so I thought it was the perfect name for the blog. Especially because the blog is mostly about her.
So along that theme, I will relay a story of something funny that happened today. We went to Target today to find some birthday presents for Ellie (she will be 2 on the Thursday). You will have to wait to hear what she got, but one thing we got was a new dress for her to wear that day. She is TOTALLY a girl and loves to wear dresses these days. When she is wearing one, she is constantly looking at herself in the mirror or pointing to the dress while she says, "Cute, cute." So of course she was saying this the whole time we were looking at dresses. After I had finally picked one, we started to walk on to look at other things and she says (while waving), "Bye cute. Bye, bye." If that isn't funny and cute, then I don't know what is.
1 comment:
i'm excited to see pics of the "cute" b-day girl. :)
by the way, i can't wait until montrose gets a target - they are building it as i write. wahoo.
Post a Comment