Thursday, May 03, 2007

Happy Birthday Ellie!!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELLIE!!!!!!




Last year's birthday fun!

We are so glad that this beautiful little girl was born into our family. We have had a very special day so far and have many fun things planned for this afternoon. We would love to have you all come along, so join back later for pictures and a run down of the whole day!!!




A truly "Magical" day!!!!




No child was harmed in the taking of this picture.



When Ellie woke up this morning, this is what she saw. I know I was more excited then she was. She got a new dress, a new tricycle and helmet, and under the wrapping paper is a new easel for drawing - she is quite the artist. She loves the tricycle, but it is still a bit too big, but I know she will grow into it.






We started the day off right with a piece of coffee cake. I always loved the coffee cake recipe on the box of Bisquick growing up and it looks like I've passed it on.



Attempting to shove the whole piece in her mouth at once.

Daddy took a 1/2 day at work and went to lunch with us at the California Pizza Kitchen.

Our afternoon was quite a "Magical" experience. We spent it at the "Magic House" that has activities totally geared towards kids Ellie's age. She loved the dress but we ditched it pretty early on for more maneuverable pants.

Digging in sand. Daddy liked this activity too!


We loved "fishing" for our fake magnetic fish and especially.....

loved watching them go down the stream after we "caught" and "released" them.

"I need to focus, just focus."

One last ride before bedtime!
Very tired from all the fun of the Birthday activities.
So our day was GREAT!!!! I think we all enjoyed ourselves very much. We would have loved to have taken you along in person, but maybe next year. We missed all of you!
Disclaimer: Lest any of you think I'm a bad mom because she didn't get a real birthday cake, it is happening tomorrow when we will be having a few friends over for pizza and cake and ice cream. Do you really think I wouldn't give her a cake for her birthday?




























4 comments:

erinmalia said...

happy birthday ellie! how fun for you. and i, too, LOVE bisquick's coffee cake recipe! wow. it's been a staple in the galbraith household: the only thing that dad ever made. glad you guys had a fun day.

emily said...

my sister is right. i want some coffee cake right now.

anyways, happy happy birthday to ellie! looks like such a fun day - i wish we could have been there. maybe some day.

Suzie Petunia said...

Happy Birthday, Ellie! It looks like you celebrated to the max! What fun!

I remember The Magic House! It looks like it has changed a lot since I was there. What a perfect way to spend a birthday!

Goodwoman said...

Megan, I am so glad that I found your blog. I looked at Alli's and noticed a link to the Esplin's and then it led to yours and now I am here. I am sorry to hear that you haven't liked your new area. I feel your pain. Since we have moved here I only want to think about where we are going next and not how long I have to stay here until I get there. I miss Michigan. We had something really special there that unfortunately we haven't found here. I am so happy that you got to buy your first house. That is wonderful. Hey, I just threw my little sister a baby shower and I made those wraps that you made with the fetta and pesto sauce and all that jazz. Delicious! Last night before we went to bed I made Jeremy tell me 5 reasons that he is grateful that we moved here. I did the same. 3 came out really easy, it was the last two that were a strech. I am very happy to say that I have been taking cooking classes. I wish you could of come with me. I learned how to make home made tamales, tortillas, filled chocolates, can at home for food storage, oh so many delicious things. If you have a free minute give me a call or email me. goodmantribe@hotmail.com or 602-276-2552 I am so glad that I got to get a update on your family. Melissa
P.S. The dog is cute