Monday, April 30, 2007
This One's for you AussieGirl
So my ever nagging friend said that if I'm so addicted to the internet and blogging I better have a new blog today. So here you go.
I have nothing exciting to report. So you get to hear my latest thoughts.
I get really irritated when Greg comes home every night and asks me what I did during the day. "What do you think I did?", I say (with a look of question and exasperation on my face). Then I say, "The same thing I did yesterday and the day before that and the day before that." My life could be the movie "Groundhog Day" - but much less exciting.
I'm really perplexed and sometimes confused by the fact that I have everything in my life that I used to think would make me happy and yet happiness still eludes me. I'm married, I have a beautiful daughter, and we have bought a beautiful house (yes we do have one and close on the 24th of May, but I'm not posting pictures until it's a done deal as to not jinx the whole thing) so what else could I really want?
We went to some friends house from church for dinner last night. They are nice people and fun. She works full time as a lawyer and they have two kids. I was asking her how her job was going and she said it was great. It made me even more depressed. I sit at home trying to do the right thing by raising my daughter and yet I'm sad a depressed, while my counterpart is out having a job, making money, and being praised and is sooo happy on top of it. I'm just hoping and praying that the real pay off will be in a years down the road when I see the wisdom of following the prophet.
I equally shouldn't complain since I have many friends who would give anything to have a child and for some reason don't have that blessing in their lives. I guess that's the way I need to try and view it more as - a blessing. Cause really, there is no cuter little girl shaking her hips to Tim McGraw then mine. And believe me, it's way more precious in person than on video. No amount of money or praise can replace that moment. I guess that's why you can never put a dollar amount on motherhood - it would never be enough.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
cute megs. :) the shaking hips were pretty great, but i think i liked the head-banging even better. nice ellie!
and i'm sorry you're so bummed. i too have many days that just thinking about being home playing with cars makes me want to vomit.
but i have no doubt that i would NOT be happy working outside the home - i would be miserable to have somebody else tell me when miles/jonas first walked, first said "mama," went pee in the toilet for the first time, when jonas said "backhoe" and "airplane" for the first time, when miles pushed over jonas for the first time, when jonas bit miles for the fist time, etc., etc.
okay, maybe i could do without the last 2. but really, motherhood is simply and undoubtedly the hardest and toughtest job there is - that's why only the strongest women can do it full-time. hang in there mama! :)
Hey Megan
Your last blog sounds so much like my complaints to Colby at least 2-3 times a week. I understand those feelings completely. Things will get so much better when you move into your house. There will be things that you can complete and see the results. Thats what I needed. I just finished my spring cleaning and it was really good for me. I need instant results. There are a lot of days when I can't thing of one thing that I have done including sitting down and playing with my kids. Then I think Colby comes home and looks at the house and wonders what I done also. Even thought he says he never thinks that (I don't know why he wouldn't). Molly is starting Kindergarten and things will start to speed up. Give Ellie a few more years and another child and life will be crazy.
Ellie is so cute. I can't beleive that it has been alomost 2 years. My how times flies. It sounds like Greg's job is going well. That is great! Where is your house? Will you switch wards? Look forward to that. Looking forward to something always makes me feel better. If you ever want to chat call me. We are just here cooking in TX. My really good friend just moved to OR and I thought of you. Hope things are well with you all. Tell Greg Hello and take care. :)
Woo-hoo! A whole post just for me!! I would feel really special except for the fact that you said I was a nag . . . I'll try to let that one go.
Ellie is so cute with her dancing. You should sign her up for classes when she gets older.
Can't wait to see pix of the new house!
Post a Comment