We often talk of change and improvement. We are goal driven people. We make resolutions at the beginning of every year. Why don't we keep them? What keeps us from reaching the greatness we all long for and in quite moments know exists in each of us? The reasons usually given: We are busy, we don't have the money, we lose interest. Blah, blah, blah......... They are all excuses for the real reason - FEAR. Fear that was born moments after the first parents of this earth fell from the garden.
FEAR, FEAR, FEAR - how I hate you!!! I hate how much you have dictated my life to this point. I hate how you have suppressed my dreams. I feel robbed and cheated. I despise your dishonesty and your manipulation. You are my mountain to be made low. You are my prison.
What is your cure? What medicine do I need to ingest to rid you from my soul? I wish I knew fully. I wish there was a pill I could take every morning to cleanse you from the inside out. Unfortunately for you I have realized somethings. My hiking gear is in place and I'm ready to tackle you. I'm ready to conquer you one step at a time. I know you will get the better of my somedays. But I'm in this for the long hall and while the path is not clearly defined and set out before me, the final destination is - a life not dictated and controlled by you. I may not be fast, but I have learned how to endure. So step aside and take your proper and healthy place. My journey starts now!
1 comment:
i wish you luck and i have all the faith in you. i know you can conquer your fears and live your life to its fullest as you want. you can do it and i'm anxious to see you do so. :)
Post a Comment