Friday, August 24, 2012

Coming

I've been away a long time.  I've missed writing.  I want to write more.  I have so many things in my head I want to write about.  A lot I never do.  I'm afraid it's too honest, too brutal.  I worry too much what others will think. I'm afraid.  SOOOO AFRAID.  It has become a sad realization that I'm a perfectionist, although nothing in my life is perfect.  It's that very reason - that I can't make everything perfect - that I often don't even start to attempt it.  I'm defeated before I even begin.  The fear of failure consumes me to immobility.  I want to shed this skin of fear from my life.  I want to look life straight in the eyes and defy everything it's constantly telling me I can't do.  I want life to fear what I can do, instead of the other way around.  So watch out.  If I can do it, it's going to be awesome.  September it begins.

2 comments:

Suze said...

I look forward to it! And I know you can do it. Overcoming fears is such a difficult process, but the outcome is so encouraging. Good luck!

emily said...

You can do it! I'm anxiously awaiting September. . .