In watching recent political events, in remembering September 11th, and in hearing words spoken by those honoring the Americans killed this week in Libya I keep hearing conflicting messages. In many speeches people keep saying, "God Bless America". I have found this statement to be very ironic. Now don't get me wrong, I do wish for God to continually bless America. I'm just perplexed how many hope for Him to do that when they do not follow and obey His wishes.
We want Him to bless this nation with peace, protection, and prosperity but we want Him to do it on our terms, not His. The minute some are reminded that the things they are doing may go against God's will we hear screams to leave Him out of the political ring. Only when those individuals come to cross roads they know only a Higher Power is capable of ever fixing, do the voices return to somber and more humble tones. I have never understood how our political leaders can continually call for His blessings by night while they seek diligently to remove all trace of Him by day. He was wisely written into our Constitutuion by our Founding Fathers and yet some work so hard to edit Him of its very pages.
Most certainly may "God Bless America". But may we turn again to doing it on His terms and in His intended way.
1 comment:
well said.
Post a Comment