I got up early this morning to go run. I like to do this on Tuesdays when I then go to yoga at 9:30. There is something about working out hard, cooling down, and then going to a low key workout that is slow and controlled and stretches your body. It's wonderful.
Today I was REALLY tired when I got to yoga. My body was heading into sleepy phase and I have been feeling a cold come on for a few days. I let my mind be in yoga today. I concentrated on my breaths. They were deep and cleansing. I stretched and bent and twisted. Some parts were hard and somethings I couldn't do, but by the end I was recharged. My cold symptoms seemed to have gone away and I felt like I could face the rest of my busy day.
Take time for yourself. It is so important. We need it. I always find I have so much more to give when I take a little time for me. Time to escape and be away from the chaos. It gives you power and that's just what we need.
So if you haven't already, go treat yourself to a yoga class. You will be amazed at the many positive results you see almost immediately as well as its lingering effects.
No comments:
Post a Comment