Today my little sweet Ellie turned 3!!! I cannot believe how fast time has seemed to go. It makes me sad in a lot of ways.
We had 2 parties for her yesterday and she was in heaven. The first party was with 4 little girls her age from church. They had fun playing with barbies, making princess hats, having pizza, carrots/celery, and grapes for lunch, pulling a string pinata and chasing after the candy, and eating big pieces of castle cake. They were in princess heaven.
A few hours after the 1st party ended we had a 2nd party of cupcakes and ice cream for the kids in our cul-de-sac. That was really fun and all the kids brought her some nice gifts. We are totally stocked with all the princess stuff she could possibly want.
Nana and Hackl came to celebrate the big day. We spent time jumping on the "Jumpoline" this morning and went bowling and to dinner at Panera bread (Ellie's choice). We then came home and had more castle cake and opened presents. I know I'd think it was a fun day if it were my birthday, and I think Ellie would agree that it has been a fun two days.
Thankfully tomorrow is Sunday so we can all take a much needed rest from the weekends events.
The Castle Cake
Friends Mia, Ellie, Alex, and Brinnley
Dinner at St. Louis Bread Company - aka Panera Bread
Bowling fun with mommy until.......
....mommy accidentally hit my head with the bowling ball.
She makes it look a lot worse than it was!
Blowing out my birthday candles for that last time.
(The "gale force wind" look is compliments of Hackl helping Ellie :)
5 comments:
Happy Birthday Ellie! My how time flies... Cool cake!
oh, i loved this post. she is so grown up looking. . . i loved the bowling ball accident b/c i do stuff like that. . . i loved the "gale force wind" comment too.
ellie is so darn cute - and so big. 3. wow.
we need our families to get together so our kids can be buds. . .
Well, look who it is! Megan from Jersey! You remember that trip? That is too funny! Happy Birthday to your little girl...she's adorable!
Hackl must be your dad George? I love the castle cake, did you make it yourself? Looks like it was a really fun 3rd birthday for Ellie!
Hello Megan
I came across your blog while looking at Kerri M blog. I love looking at your pictures of family, your stories, are true blessings. Say "howdy" to your parents. I remember you all from NJ. John and LaRaine O'Donnell
Post a Comment