Sunday, April 20, 2008

Willard

It was with a heavy heart that we said good-bye to my very first car, affectionately called "Willard". He got the name from being called "Free Willy" since owning him symbolized a step to more Independence from my parents when I was in college. He treated me well and was a great first car. Fortunately, he hasn't gone too far. Our bishop bought it for his kids so if I ever miss him I can go drive by their house. I'm glad he's gone to a good home.

So what has replaced him? I never thought it would be me, but I have become a minivan mom. I have to say, "I LOVE IT"!!!! We bought a 2004 Honda Odyssey from our neighbors that is in great condition. It has automatic doors and is such a nice ride. Had you asked me 3 years ago, I never would have believed I would have said I loved my minivan, but I do. I am not ashamed. I am proud and I am proud to tell you all so. Since he's white we have affectionately named him "Belu" - keeping with the whole whale theme. He's also white, so it fits.




3 comments:

Dawn said...

WELCOME, NEWEST MINIVAN MOM! I LOVE MINE TOO AND ALSO TOLD MYSELF I WOULD NEVER OWN ONE! HAHA!

Kerri said...

Minivans are the best! I don't think I could live without mine. I, too, used to think they were lame but they are so great when you have kids.

Elisa said...

I have an Odyssey, too, we bought just before Christmas in 2006. It's an '01 so doesn't have as many perks but I love it just the same. So much room and I like being up higher on the road. I had a hard time giving up my good, reliable Geo Prizm, I didn't even put it up for sale yet and one of the maintenance guys at the complex we lived at asked me about it. So I ended up selling it to him. He did a lot to fix it up, new paint job etc. so I knew it went to a good home. I do miss the good gas millage it had but do not regret purchasing the van!