The Flip of a Coin
Greg and I have the worst time naming our children. Granted, it's only been two, but we agonize and agonize until the last possible moment to determine their name. I take it very seriously since it's something they will hear every day and is somewhat defining of who they are. Even after much pondering, praying and finally deciding, I always wonder for awhile if we named them correctly. I had real feelings of remorse with Ellie, but have no doubt that we named her correctly.With this little one it literally came down to two names and Greg flipped a coin to see which one won. We did the best out of 3. On the last flip he said to wish for what we wanted. I asked him what he wished for and it was the name that "won" (I wished for the same name, so that was good). So, we hope he likes his name.Drum roll please..................................................Introducing:

Jack Knowlton Tilton
11 comments:
Nice to meet you Jack. Porter and Ronan say hi and cant wait to hang out with you soon. Make sure you listen to mom and dad and let your big sister teach you the ropes.
i love the name jack! where did the middle name come from?
i feel like a coin flip is how mr. mullet's middle name will be decided. sigh.
I love Jack! What a cute name. Megan he is so big and cute! I bet it feels so good to have him outta your tummy! I just love the feeling of having my body back to myself. Well sort of... I guess you don't really have it back to yourself till after the nursing. But you know what I mean!
it (the name) and he (the baby) are so adorable! we just became friends with some people and their little boy is jack. he's cute, too. good name and i'm so glad that the coin flipped according to your wishes. :) fun story.
What a great name! I've always liked the name Jack; I think its a strong name. Good job! :) (And he is absolutely adorable!!!)
Hopefully someday we'll get to meet you Jack! Lainey, Malia, and Lyndie all say hi and welcome to the world!
also-from kendra, noah did the last one-but yeah!!! so cute, I can't believe you had such a big one! We'll talk soon, but did it go ok? That sounds really hard! Was Ellie nearly that big? That's awesome! Boys are great, you're going to love it! and now you get to shop for whole new stuff without feeling bad! I think Jack totally fits him!! good choice!
Welcome, Jack. No remorse necessary. I bet name voyager will tell you it's on the rise. He's looks healthy and handsome. Hope is treating his mother well. Congrats!!
Great choice! My nephew's name is Jack and my grandpa's name was Jack and I've even considered using that name if suddenly fate smiled on me and I had another boy. Where does Knowlton come from? That's one of my friends' middle name (it was her maiden name.) I wonder if there's a relation somewhere.
Congrats again! He is beautiful! Enjoy!
Yay! A cute name for a cute boy!
Hi, I saw your blog on Emily K. and thought I would stop by and see how you were doing. Anway, congrats on your cute little baby boy. He is so adorable. :)
-Anne Earley
Post a Comment