You know those days where it seems like one thing bad happens after the other. That seems to be my day, well I guess just the middle part.
The beginning of my day went great. Ellie and I got up, ate breakfast, I cleaned things up, started folding laundry, went to a doctors appointment, and then went to pick up Griffin from his grooming appointment. This is where I can say my luck changed.
First, it started to pour down rain. I had to run to Walmart to pick up somethings and of course could not find a close parking space. So, Ellie and I had to get totally wet when we came back out. I got doubly wet because I have this thing with not returning shopping carts, so even in the rain, I put it back in it's rightful place. (Comments of what a good citizen I am for doing that would be greatly appreciated.)
Then, we went and picked Griffin up. He looked and smelled great, so in his carrier he went and we started home. On the way home a girl in my ward called to see if I could take her to the library. No biggy really, so we swung by and did that. We finally got home and I got Ellie out, took somethings inside and then went to get Griffin. The minute I opened his cage, I knew there was a problem. He had puked EVERYWHERE and was now covered in it!!! So much for the $40 grooming job. I took him right into our utility sink and started bathing him. All the while Ellie is asking, "What happened?" (x100,000 - it gets old the first time out of her mouth). As I am trying to bathe the dog, the shampoo hits a glass bottle containing paint thinner and it falls to the floor, shattering in a million pieces and it's fumes begin to intoxicate me, the dog, and Ellie.
After finishing the bath, attempting to clean up the spill, and get the groceries inside, the dog further frustrates me my not laying on his blanket and tracking "wet dogginess" all through the house. I quickly conclude that his cage upstairs is probably the better solution since the paint fumes in the laundry room probably aren't too good for him right now. He seemed to agree and happily jumped in.
Things have been going better the last hour with the dog locked away, Ellie down for her nap, and me getting a piece of time to myself. Hopefully that was our "fun" for the day. Ellie starts her first dance class to night and I'm just hoping we don't have an accident in our leotard, or mom just might go into l_ _ _ _. But then again, that might not be the worse thing that could happen at this point in time.
4 comments:
oh so not fun. i'm sorry. those days happen to us all. it will be funny. . . a month or 2 or 3 down the road.
thinking of you lots!
and, yes, kudos to you returning your shopping cart. :)
What a doozy of a day. I'm surprised all of that didn't send you into labor.
Ellie sure is a doll. Must take after her mom, right?!
I hate days like that! You probably shouldn't be breathing in all of those fumes either, being that you are P _ _ _ _ _ _ _ and all!
So what is all the hush hush about? L_ _ _ _, N _ _ _ _ _ _ (previous post comments). Explaination please!
i am quite proud of you for returning the cart in the rain. i know you've had this discussion before, but i'm totally on your side, and hope i continue to be even with a baby. you give me hope that it can be done!
Post a Comment