Ten Fingers

Ten Toes

And a lot of Rolls
Introducing...........
.....Our 9lb. 10 oz.
20 3/4 inch
baby BOY Tilton



So, as you may gather, we still have no name. That will be coming hopefully in the next day or two. We are so excited to have him here and to have him in our family. He seems like a good one so far, so I think we will keep him.
I started having contractions last night, but very similar to the false start of last week. By about 6 am they were a little more intense, but I still sent Greg off to work at about 7:30a.m. I sat on my mom's bed for awhile and read Ellie some books. My mom got in the shower and then I took one at about 9am. I called Greg and told him I thought he should come home. He did, our bishops wife came and picked Ellie up and then we had one last contraction for a photo-op before loading into the car. Just as Greg took the picture, my water broke. So up stairs I went to change clothes and to my dismay, there was meconium AGAIN!!! We have poopy kids, what can we say.
In to the car we went for the 20 minute ride to the hospital. We walked in (that was one of my goals- no wheelchair) went to labor and delivery and got checked in. I would say it was after 11am by the time I got into the room and changed. The nurse checked me and I was at 6cm.
Things were a blurr after that with MANY painful contractions, an attempt at an epidural (which never took effect), and the little man being born at 12:16pm. Not too shabby, but not something I want to repeat tomorrow or anytime soon.
We are just so glad and so blessed to have him here safe and doing well. We are waiting for little Miss Ellie to come meet him. She was saying this morning that it was going to be a boy. I guess she must have remembered him from their time together in the pre-mortal life.
We hope all of you are doing well and we look forward to sharing more pictures of our little one very soon.
13 comments:
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :-) Yay! We are so excited and happy for your little man! :-)
Megan and I were just talking about you today wondering how you were. I actually checked your blog this morning for an update and then decided that just may be tonight there would be another one! Congrats! Here's to many sleepless nights!
Oh my gosh! I haven't checked your blog since Thanksgiving and the next time I check it you're having a baby??? Congratulations! He chose a really good birthday, too, I might add. :)
Hope you are doing well. He was a big baby! Good work, mommy!
Our love to you all!
Oh, he is absolutely gorgeous! What a cuddly little bundle your little boy is! It is hard to believe you have had time to grow a 9+ pound baby since I saw you last spring. I am amazed at his speedy delivery and with no (working) epidural. You are amazing! I am so happy for you and your family. I can't wait to hear his name and see more cute pictures. hugs.
Congrats Megan and Greg! I'm so happy for you! WOW 9 lbs 10 oz??? You are one tough cookie to do that without an epidural! Lots of love and hugs sent to you and your family. Can't wait for more pics!
I've been checking your blog EVERYDAY for updates! So glad to hear that all went well this time! Congratulations! He's so cute and so, so chubby!
he's so cute megan!!!! i love him already as part of your family. yea for a boy! i can't wait to hear the name. man, you grow them big - and cute, too. :)
i have a record so far - i talked to my SIL the day before she went in to labor and you i talked the day before as well. my sister might just want to call me up the day before she'd like to have her baby. :)
congrats to you all!
Hooray! What a cutie! But what about the hair?! I couldn't tell if it's red underneath his little cap. I'm so glad this experience sounded better than Ellie's.
And did you put on makeup before you went to the hospital? Great, now I have that standard to live up to. :)
We're so excited for you!!!
Tilton fam, hey we just joined the blogging world. Congratulations on the new addition. We are so excited for you guys. You know we are so close we have got to make a plan to get together some time. We would LOVE to see you guys!!
holy smokes, that's one large baby! congrats to you guys. and let me say, that is quite possibly the best post-birth pic of a mom i've ever seen. you look awesome!
and uh, emily, feel free to give me a call ANY time!
i'll wait a few more weeks before i do that, erin. :)
megs - i am assuming the Baby Boy had no problems with the meconium since you didn't mention anything???? i hope not! i hope you are doing well. love ya!
So when does this baby get a name? I am really curious and check back at least twice a day to see if he has one! By the way he is oh so cute!
Yea! I just got around to checking blogs and I am so happy for you. Good luck!
Post a Comment