Saturday, February 02, 2008

Answering a Few Questions

Quesion #1: Were you wearing make-up? Yes I was. That was another one of my "goals" - vain as it may seem. I wanted to look good in my pictures. I looked so hammered in my pictures with Ellie, that I wanted to avoid a repeat if possible. Granted, I was in labor for 16 hours and 2 1/2 hours of pushing with her, so this situation was a lot different. I also had time to get ready before I went. The photos would not have been as lovely had I gone in at 3am. So I must say time of day played a big role as did how quick the delivery went. I was definitely sweating, so I'm lucky the make-up (all be it a little make-up) stayed on.



Question #2: Does Jack have red hair? Yes he does. I wasn't so sure at first. It looked brown, but in the right light, it definitely has a redness to it. It is still pretty short and there isn't as much as Ellie had, but it's red. It will be interesting to see if it stays that way. It is a lot like Greg's color.

Question #3: Did Jack have any problems with the meconium? Luckily, no. The doctor told me to stop pushing once his head was out and he suctioned him really well. They had also called in the NICU nurses to work on him right away. They were able to suction him out really well before he breathed. They didn't get to his vocal cords in time, but it didn't seem to be a problem. There have been no negative effects as last time. We are very grateful and relieved.

Question #4: Where does Knowlton come from? It is a name on Greg's side of the family. We always like to try and include a family name as the middle name. Ellie had my sisters middle name, so we went for Greg's side of the family with this one. As far as Jack goes, we liked that name a lot and I have a cousin named Jack.

The whole recovery of this delivery is going SOOOO much better than with Ellie. It will still be awhile before I start running again, but I'm getting around much easier. The breastfeeding thing is the hard part. Can I just say - PAIN!!!!!!!!!! We are working on his latch and hope that will help.

Ellie has done remarkeably well so far. She is really good with him and hasn't shown any signs of jealousy - yet. Greg has been home the whole week and my mom is still here. I have a feeling when regular life sets in she may have some problems. I miss the fact that she is not my baby anymore. She seems so old and grown up now. Having Jack makes me want to be an even better mother to her. She really deserves it and I know there is much I could do better with her. I'm excited for all the adventures that lie before both of us.








8 comments:

mo said...

Congratulations! Jack is a beautiful little boy and you are one brave momma--that's a big baby! I'm really happy for you and hope all continues to go well. Tell your mom hello for me!

emily said...

thanks for the GREAT info.

i'll have to call you soon. i remember one of the hardest parts of baby #2 wasn't physical AT ALL (see how super fast your body heals the 2nd time around?!). it was emotional. as much as i loved jonas, i missed it being "mommy 'n miles." it was hard. but i can't even remember what it was like just the 2 of us now. oh, you'll love it.

Kerri said...

Good job, Mom! Congratulations on your little Jack. I love the name by the way. I remember well how much it hurt to nurse at the beginning. I would kick the coffee table over and over again at the beginning of each nursing, especially while feeding the twins at the same time! My sweet husband would always say, "Why are you doing that?" And the answer, "it hurts!" But it does get better eventually.

erinmalia said...

what an awesome post. thanks for answering all those questions. and the make up worked...you look awesome. honestly.

Britt said...

Hooray! I love then name Jack. And Knowlton is very dignified. :) He is very handsome.
I know what you mean about Ellie seeming older now. It's amazing how instantly they seem so much bigger once the new baby arrives. But it's so fun-- especially to have an older child to share the excitement of the new baby. I'm excited to talk to you!

Becky said...

Wow! My little Megan is all grown up with not one, but TWO babies!! You look like you're doing really well. Jack looks a lot like Greg. Is Greg related to the Knowltons from Farmington, UT by chance?

Sarah said...

Congrats from the Adams! We are so happy for you guys-and surprised-we had no idea... I'm so glad that little Jack came safely! He's a cutey. Good luck with the breastfeeding. I remember those painful days. I'm hoping it will go better this time around for me. We are having a boy next month.

Dawn said...

Congrats! He is so cute. Hope everything is going well! Miss you guys. Keith wanted me to tell you that Ellie is so cute!