There are moments as a parent where your children are so cute you think your heart is going to break. As Ellie starts to get older and her understanding of our relationship grows as well as her vocabulary, I seem to be having more of those heart melting moments. Here are a few of late.
#1
A week or so ago I was sitting on the couch with feet tucked up in front of me and she was playing with her toys. I started looking at a blister healing on one of my feet from my sandals. Like ALL good 2 year old, she came to investigate. She started looking at it and then at me saying , "Awy, mommy. Awy." Then in the most sweet, innocent, and sincere way, she looked at me and said, "Kiss it better?" When I told her yes, she bent down and softly kissed my foot. I almost started crying it was so cute.
#2
I tend to watch a lot of Foodnetwork. I justify it by actually finding recipes I do try. Anyway, if you have ever seen the commercial for Bobbie Flays "Throw Down" show you will totally get the picture. For the others, I will try to explain. At the end of the commercial for this show, they have the title of the show and then a picture of Bobbie in the lower right hand corner. He has a slightly serious expression on his face, his harms are crossed holding the outside of the opposite arm, and the picture of him rotates ever so slightly. I was on the couch again (I don't live there -promise) and Ellie was playing and this commercial came on. For some reason I glanced down at Ellie and realized she was looking at me with the very same expression and body position as Bobbie Flay and she was rotating ever so slightly. I just started laughing and asking her what she was doing. She knew because she kept on doing it. I thought it might be a freak thing, but it wasn't because she did it again a few days later when the same commercial came on. They are so impressionable at this age it is scary sometimes.
I tend to watch a lot of Foodnetwork. I justify it by actually finding recipes I do try. Anyway, if you have ever seen the commercial for Bobbie Flays "Throw Down" show you will totally get the picture. For the others, I will try to explain. At the end of the commercial for this show, they have the title of the show and then a picture of Bobbie in the lower right hand corner. He has a slightly serious expression on his face, his harms are crossed holding the outside of the opposite arm, and the picture of him rotates ever so slightly. I was on the couch again (I don't live there -promise) and Ellie was playing and this commercial came on. For some reason I glanced down at Ellie and realized she was looking at me with the very same expression and body position as Bobbie Flay and she was rotating ever so slightly. I just started laughing and asking her what she was doing. She knew because she kept on doing it. I thought it might be a freak thing, but it wasn't because she did it again a few days later when the same commercial came on. They are so impressionable at this age it is scary sometimes.
#3
As Ellie's vocabulary begins to grow, we are really starting to see her personality emerge. She is a silly and very funny little girl. Did we ever doubt with the red hair? Anyway, yesterday at breakfast she was sitting at our island eating her cereal and I was on the couch - just kidding, I was doing the dishes. I don't know exactly what transpired, but I must have asked her how she liked her cereal. She looked up at me and with slightly bigger eyes and a gentle nodding of her head she said, "It'sss Good". Writing it out does not do it justice, but it is really funny. I was telling my mom about it last night on the phone and she was laughing so hard I thought she was going to hurt herself. Feel free to call if you want to hear what it really sounds like.
Each day is a new adventure with her and I am so glad to be her mom. I said this long ago to Greg and I will always believe it, "We have one really cool kid." She is perfect for me in every way and I am so glad she has come to our home.
2 comments:
ellie will be glad that you have recorded all this for her! sounds fun.
these moments are keepers - they are especially keepers when you have those not-so-keeper moments. :)
Post a Comment