Thursday, July 11, 2013

Things I Will and Will Not Miss

Today I am just 4 weeks away from delivering little cupcake. He/she has grown so much and my babies have never been on the small side so "little" maybe pushing it.

For sake of history I thought I'd record somethings I will and will not miss about being pregnant.

Let's start with the "will not miss" category:

1. Difficulty breathing. Sometimes it's hard catching my breath. It will be nice to return to full lung capacity.

2.  Heartburn. It gets pretty bad at night and I have drunk my fair share of "slurries" - a concoction of water and baking soda. It's just time to be done with those.

3.  Lack of a good sleep. Sadly this will continue but for other reasons. I won't miss the aching hips.

4.  Piggy feet. My feet swell by evening pretty regularly now and while it doesn't hurt it just is a pain.

5.  Pressure. Jack was the worst pregnany in this department so I'm not really complaining too much with this one but sometimes it just is no fun.

6.  Maternity clothes. While I'm grateful for them, I like my regular clothes and look forward to the ensuing fall and winter to get back in them. Those belly sections of maternity pants, no matter how comfy, just don't do much for me in the "cute" category.

7.  Lack of easily bending over. There just isn't an easy way to get things off the floor any more and socks and shoes are difficult to put on.

8.  Having to side hug Greg.  This little person is really cramping the romance side of our lives.

Things I will miss:

1.  The acrobatics in my tummy every night. I am always amazed at how much my kids can move. I love watching them in my stomach at night and having Greg and the kids be able to see it as well.

2.  The talking point. Pregnany is an ice breaker and I love it. It always gives you something to talk about with others.

3.  The hormones. I'm really going to miss these. I don't know if this is true for most women but I even out emotionally to a perfect level for me. I am usually really happy and people's attitudes and issues slide off much more easily then in my non pregnant state. :(

4.  Easy transport. While pregnancy does have its set of inconveniences, having this little one tucked inside my belly is very convenient. They take so much "stuff" to get around that I will be sad to see the ease of the belly transport end.

5.  My diaper free life. Enough said.

6.  The excitement of anticipation.  I am so looking forward to meeting this litte one. Who are they and who will they become? I love going to the hospital to have babies. It's so exciting. I will miss that Christmas morning feeling. Luckily the trade off is much greater.

7.  Christian being my baby.  I have loved how much he loves me and is still so into being close to me.  In many ways I know this will be a hard transition for both of us.  The one upside is that with Jack going to school, I will have more time to devote to Christian despite the baby.


There is no doubt in my mind that this little person is suppose to come to our family.  It is such a sacred time.  Heaven is so close.  I can't wait to soak up all that they will bring with them.  I can't wait to meet them.

2 comments:

Rachelle said...

Great reminders of the not so good and very good aspects of pregnancy - and I agree, once that little person's here, it's even better than Christmas morning! So thrilled for you - looking forward to the wee babe's arrival! Lots of love.

emily said...

what great lists! so very true, too.

i can't believe you're 4 weeks away. yay! i can't wait to meet the newest member of your family!