Saturday, May 04, 2013

It's Great to Be 8!




Ellie turned 8 on the 3rd.  I can't believe I have an 8 yr. old!!!  She was sooooo excited for her birthday.  Luckily she didn't ask for anything too outrageous and we were able to get her exactly what she wanted.

We had crepes and bacon for breakfast, she took candy into her class at school, and then we went to a Mexican restaurant for her birthday.  We took her neighbor friend Claire which was really fun.  They get along so well and we are sad they will be moving this summer.  She has been such a blessing to Ellie in a neighborhood ruled by boys.  We then came home to open gifts and have ice cream sundaes per the birthday girl's request.  Since she is getting baptized next week and we will be having tons of family in town, she didn't have a party.  Luckily she didn't seem to care.

I remember how excited we were to have her come into our lives.  Her labor was long and I pushed for 2 1/2 hours to only then have her whisked away and we weren't able to hold her for over a week.  It was an exciting/frightening time in our life and we are so glad she was strong and pulled through her early problems.  She is the peace in our home.  She is a determined little girl who when she wants to learn something she will keep trying and trying until she gets it.  It is a great quality.  She is a great student and takes her learning very seriously - sometimes too seriously ;).  She is creative and funny and loves to laugh.  She is brave and does things that make her nervous.  She is a great big sister and is so excited for the new baby.  For her sake I hope it's a girl, but I'm preparing her for another brother just in case!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY beautiful girl.  We love you to the Celestial Kingdom and back!

1 comment:

emily said...

happy birthday to ellie! she sounds practically perfect. :) lucky parents!