Friday, March 30, 2012

A Change

I have never loved the title ("Live As I See") of my blog, although I do think it was fitting in many ways.  I was driving down the road the other day thinking about it and it hit me what I needed my title to be changed to.  It fits me and is comfortable.  I try so very hard in everything I do to be REAL.  It has created challenges and blessings.  This year I am trying to strip off layers of myself that have built up over the years,  - get to the core of who I am, to shed unwanted and unnecessary "weight" of trials, hurts, and regrets.  To see the beauty all around me and the many things I have been blessed with.  Because I have been ABUNDANTLY blessed in SOOOO many ways. 

This month for FHE we have been focusing on honesty with our kids.  It's amazing how just a short lesson once a week on this subject has helped all of us to be and encourage honesty.  I have always known and tried to be honest in my emotions no matter what they were.  I have learned, and continue to learn, the importance of controlling and channeling those emotions in a real, yet productive way.  I fall so short of my expectations so often, but I know I have to keep going and trying.  Because in the end, after everything of no value is stripped away, you are the person who has to live with yourself and you are the one you need to be the most true too.  Otherwise, nothing you have is real.

2 comments:

Brittany Weaver said...

I love reading your blog because you are so real. I think you have always seemed real to me, for as long as I've known you. Miss you! Let me know if you venture out this way this summer!

Amie Orton said...

i miss you.