Thursday, October 28, 2010

A Thankful Heart



One of my friends tries to post every Thursday about something she is grateful for.  I would like to follow her example on this Thursday.

The thing I am most thankful for today and hope I am always most thankful for, is the profound love our Heavenly Father has for each of us.  For the time and patience He gives us and for the lessons He teaches us.

I have been dealing with a deep and painful trial over the last 6 months.  The emotional energy and internal turmoil it has caused are not ones I hope to have to repeat any time soon.

As the months have reached out from it's initial happening the pain has lessened and even left at times.  However, it has never completely gone away.  This week it hit fairly hard again.  I got to a point in my prayers where I was so exasperated with what to do I bordered on a slight murmur to the Lord.  He let me flounder a few more days and then the tutoring began.

The lessons I have learned have been life changing.  While getting nothing that I had been hoping for in the last 6 months I have also gotten everything and more.

I have learned a fundamental core truth about the Atonement and the role it plays in my life and the lives of others.

I have been given a small glimpse of the deep love our Heavenly Father has for each of us and that we are never left alone to face any trial, disappointment, and heartache.

I have learned that justice and mercy can both be fulfilled at the same time and that we play a major part in that taking place.

Circumstances may not change and yet you can still be happy and be filled with hope and love.
For the first time in 6 months I woke up happy today.  Truly happy.  And for that, I have a very thankful heart.

3 comments:

emily said...

and i'm happy for your happiness! love ya megs!

Britt said...

I'm sorry things have been hard for you this year. I miss you and look forward to the time when we can get together again and catch up. Hang in there- you are a great woman and have a great hubby.

Dawn said...

Your blog is truly inspiring. I haven't blogged or visited any blogs in such a long time, but yours was worth the visit. Hope you guys are doing well. Your kids are adorable!