

Now that Mr. Christian is a week old, I thought I would answer some of your questions - in interview form.
M1: So why did you decide not to post about your pregnancy?
M2: I guess you could say it's because I'm a bit psycho about real psychos out there knowing I'm pregnant. By no means do I view any of my friends as psycho, it's all those people I don't know (in which I flatter myself in thinking there are actually people I don't know looking at my blog) that I guard myself from. So, unless I happened to personally see you or talk to you in the last 9 months, you probably didn't know. Please don't take it personally.
M1: How was this pregnancy compared to your others?
M2: It was my easiest in every way. It was the most like Ellie's so I was sure we were having a girl.
M1:So you didn't know what you were having?
M2: No. We have never find out and it is always worth the wait.
M1: Why do you think this pregnancy was easier than the rest?
M2: I think it being my 3rd child has much to do with it, but I really think it was because I faithfully worked out 5 times a week. I can proudly say I even ran the day before he was born - only for 5 minutes, but I did run. Towards the end I walked 4 miles a day. I truly think it made all the difference.
M1:Was Christian early or late?
M2: He was right on time. He came on his due date.
M1: Did you get an epidural?
M2: No. This one was 100% natural.
M1: Are you glad you did it naturally?
M2: Ask me in a few months. The rawness of the whole experience is still too fresh in my mind. Had you asked me the first thing that came to mind when he was born I would have said, "Remind me if I EVER do this again to get an epidural." That pretty much tells you the pain level at that point.
M1: So how has recovery been?
M2: Awesome. I've had to take minimal pain pills and need to remind myself to take it easy so I don't really hurt myself. Having other kids helps take your mind off things.
M1: How's nursing going?
M2: Sucky!!! No pun intended :). I really wish it was much better. If it wasn't so painful it would be fine. Get back to me on that one in a few weeks.
M1: So getting to what all of our readers I'm sure really want to know, how is Christian doing?
M2: At a week out, he is doing great. He sleeps a ton and rarely cries.
M1: What was your first thought when you saw him for the first time?
M2: He's so cute - so much cuter than Jack (Jack was ugly - I have no problem admitting that as his mother). I thought he was a perfect combination of both Ellie and Jack.
M1: The major question everyone wants to know - does he have red hair?
M2: Sadly no. It looks like he missed out on that gene. He has really cool hair though. It is dark, with an under layer of blond. I've never seen anything like it. He has a lot.
M1: How did you decide on his name?
M2: After hours of deliberation and the birth certificate office calling us like 20 times asking if we had chosen a name, we finally committed. We are terrible on deciding. We feel good about our decision though. We had picked that name a few months previous, so we just needed to make sure. Robert is my grandfathers name and I think he looks a bit like him.
M1: How are Ellie and Jack handling the new baby.
M2: They are both doing really well. Jack seems more of a crazy man than before. I cannot leave him alone if the baby is in the same room. I'm really hoping the baby comes through o.k. Any advice from any of you out there who have older siblings that don't know the meaning of "gentle"? Ellie is a great helper and wants to hold him a lot. I am glad that she wasn't disappointed that we didn't have a girl.
We are returning to reality tomorrow. My mom leaves in the early AM so it will be me with the kids all day. It should be interesting. It has been soooo nice to have my mom here. She is a HUGE help and is a cooking fool. I have forewarned Greg to be happy with pizza for the next few months.
We are looking forward to a quiet Christmas at home. It will be nice to be together as a family and enjoy this special time of year. Especially since we can more fully appreciate the birth of a baby boy at this time of the year.
7 comments:
Thanks for the details! He's so cute and you look beautiful! Way to go on running throughout the pregnancy... now relax for a month (I secretly loved the excuse to not work out at all!)
As you know, Jane has three older brothers who were not particularly gentle... and she has come out the tougher for it. Reid has scratch marks on his eyebrow this week to prove it.
I hope you have a great month. Let me know if you want some freezer meal recipes.... that was my saving grace after Jane was born. :)
Congrats! We're so excited for you.
Congrats! What a doll. I can't wait to come over and see that little cutie. Love reading your interview with yourself.
great inteview! and great pictures too! :) love it. thanks for sharing.
Congrats! He is way cute! As far as breastfeeding goes = foot ball, football, football - that is the only hold that works for me the first month. I learned the hard way with my first, but it really helped with the second :)
Congrats! I have been meaning to call for the last 2 weeks to find out if he had arrived. Wish I was closer so that I could bring you dinner...I am actually making dinner right now, or I should be, for a family in our ward that just had twins. LOVED the interview!
My saiving grace for when you have other little ones around was the portable swing...I would just put baby in it and carry it all around the house with me...so big sisters couldn't get too close!
Well done. You knew just all the right things to ask - I don't think there are any questions left! I am particularly grateful for your candor re: natural birth. I've asked many people and everyone always dances around the issue - and I never believe what they say. I just like to hear the truth. Really what I want to know is what drives you Megan? How do you make yourself do it - working out especially. You are a determined and purposeful person. 2 of many reasons I love and respect you. We will be coming around to bug you some when we are all germ free. Hope that doesn't take us til June!
Post a Comment