....was what Portland looked like. It wasn't all bad in the end. At least we were in Denver. We rented a car and drove down to C. Springs for two nights with my wonderful in-laws. Then thanks to some quick thinking on my part, we decided to fly into Seattle and then rent a car and drive to Portland. That ended up not being so bad either since we got to see my awesome sister & brother-in-law and their girls.
We tallied up a bill of over $600 dollars extra for all the fun, but it was worth it in everyway. My only regret is that I did not take a picture of the snow covered trees the night we arrived at my parents. It was truly magical. I have never seen anything like it before and I hope I get a second chance at seeing it again, if it ever snows like that again when we are home for Christmas.
The hardest thing for me in having a baby is being home bound. The pediatrician has said no crowds for the little guy for two months. That means no church, no restaurants, no large amounts of guests, and no air travel. I knew that would be the case, but I very much wish I was going home to my parents for Christmas this year. My brother and his family will be there and Ellie and Jack would have loved being with their cousins. I would have loved being in my parents home. It is truly magical this time of year. And magical is something I hope I never grow too old to enjoy.
So this year it is my turn to hopefully create magical moments for my children in our home.
2 comments:
it is hard to be away from home, but i think you will love creating the magic in your own home, too.
have a very merry christmas megan! i love you and miss you. and i love your sweet little family - so adorable.
I agree with you. I can't wait to make our own traditions and bring the magic into our home. I hope it becomes as magical to me as well as the kids.
I hope you have a Merry Christmas!!!
Post a Comment