Wednesday, February 25, 2009

It's a Party




Last Thursday I turned 33.

I am not ashamed.

Really.

The actual birthday day, was nothing new. I spent most of that day reassuring Ellie that it wasn't her birthday, but her's is coming soon. Not soon enough in her mind, of course. I can't really blame her. Presents and cake are everything at that age.

We saved the festivities until Friday. We had a few friends over for dinner and cake. Greg took the day off work to help get everything ready. That was gift enough for me.

I received cards, e-cards, phone calls, and presents that were very nice and made me feel loved. I really think that's all I need at this age. Validation that someone cares for me and that my birth has made a difference in someone else's life.

Thanks Everyone!

7 comments:

erinmalia said...

i hope you didn't have to make your own cake! it is really lovely.

Kara and Chant said...

Of course you matter! You are an amazing person and you have helped me so much. Thank you for our talk the other day. I have been trying your advice and it is working! Thank you so much. I am glad you had a good birthday!

emily said...

pretty lovely cake.

and i'm still trying to give you that birthday call. i just got my phone services back this afternoon, so hopefully sometime this week???!!

Becky said...

Happy Birthday Meg! Sounds like you had a nice day. Beautiful cake!

Britt said...

Megan--
Happy Birthday! I wish we were closer to celebrate with you... and to eat your beautiful cake! :) I miss you!

Anonymous said...

Happy Late Birthday Megan! Your cake is fantastic!!

colleen said...

Megan-
Happy Birthday!! I really should remember your birthday every year because MY Megan was due on your b-day! Funny, eh? 33... you'r just a spring chicken! hehe