Sunday, February 08, 2009

My Favorite Song


I am one who likes alot of different kinds of music. However, if I must name one all time favorite artist it would have to be Celine Dion. The voice on that lady is unbelieveable. I desperately wanted to see her in concert while she was in Vegas, but never got to it. You can imagine how excited I was to find out that she was coming here this past November.


As all good wives do, I dropped the "hint" that she was coming to Greg and then let it be. November came and went with no surprise date to her concert. I was bummed, but we were so busy that I understood.


You can imagine my delight when in December while searching for MoTab tickets for us and my in-laws (they are coming to St. Louis in June) I discovered that Celine's concert had been cancelled because of illness and rescheduled for Feb. 4th.


Thus started the dilemna in my head.


Do I say something again to Greg? Do I buy tickets myself and surprise him? What if he had really bought the tickets for Nov. but since it was rescheduled, was still keeping it a secret?


I decided to say something and again dropped the subtle "hint" of her concert being rescheduled.


Surely he would have gotten it this time.


Let's fast forward to Wed. February 4th at about 7:45am.


After saying our morning prayer together I asked Greg if we had any plans that night (honestly not thinking of the concert at all - it had momentarily slipped my mind). He said no but that he needed to go out and do a few "things". My birthday is later this month, so that wasn't an odd thing for him to say. However, by saying that he jogged my memory of the concert. I then very calmly stated, "Oh, like buy me tickets and take me to the Celine Dion concert tonight?"


Poor Greg, he was totally surprised to find out the concert was that very night. He had thought it was later in the month (note to self - strongly state date next time of desired event).


I do love the man for a reason though. He told me as he walked out the door that we were going, so get ready.


He delivered on his promise.


That night at 8pm I was sitting in row 17 on the floor with the man that I love dearly listening to my all time favorite artist.


What more can a girl ask for?

6 comments:

erinmalia said...

good for you!

Jen said...

Wow!! I am impressed. I just told Mark yesterday that he had to take me to her Concert and he just laughed at me. Good for Greg.

adrianne said...

that's so cute!

emily said...

yeah, way to go!

but i'm a little slow: so did greg already have the tickets then, and just didn't know it was that nite? or did he end up getting tickets that day?

Britt said...

Awesome! Did you take the pic or download it?

Emily K said...

That is great, Megan! Michael would never sit through a Celine Dion concert. I borrowed that concert on DVD from the library and it was great! Michael didn't want to watch it with me then either, LOL! At least I know there are some artists that we both like.