Today I had to give a talk in church. I tend to get emotional when I give talks. Not because I'm sad, but because I often invest a lot of time into them and really learn a lot through the Spirit. I actually really appreciate the opportunity to speak because of that.
Well today, as I was relating a story, and was a bit weepy, I saw out of the corner of my eye Ellie coming up to the podium. She first came right underneath the podium and reached up to me holding a wipe for me to dry my tears. When she realized I couldn't reach her, she walked around, handed it to me, and turned right around to go sit back down with her dad.
I was even more touched by her generosity when I found out later she did it all on her own, with no prompting. Greg said she had asked for the wipes and before he knew it she was on her way up to give it to me.
It is moments like these that I am grateful for the example she is to me and I realize that she does love me and care for me. It never ceases to amaze me how perceptive she is to my needs. I am so thankful for the blessing she is to me and that my Heavenly Father has given her to me to raise.
5 comments:
you're right: what a sweet girl! and that picture is adorable of her.
oh i love it. that is so precious. i, too, love that picture.
i can't see my boys ever doing something like that. . . i'll hold out hope for emmy, though. :)
NOOOOOOO!!! You??? Emotional???
Sweet story Megan! Loved it!
That really is the sweetest thing ever!
That is such a sweet story. It's times like these that remind you why we're moms.
Post a Comment