
I love our local library. We try and go once a week and check out books, but we also check out videos for free. It's been a great way for Ellie to see some Disney flicks while not having to fork over any cash. I usually get them for her to watch on a rainy day. This week we checked out "101 Dalmatians". She has enjoyed it quite a bit. However, the last few days I had not seen it anywhere. It really wasn't that big of a deal since I knew we hadn't taken it anywhere and I just renewed it online. However, by last night I was concerned that we needed to find it before I forgot about it.
We looked EVERYWHERE. In all the usual as well as not usual places. We had been at it for about an hour and I decided it was time for a little Heavenly Help. I said a quick prayer asking Heavenly Father to help us find it. At that time I got the impression that I should really have Ellie pray for help and use this as a teaching experience in showing her that Heavenly Father really does care about us and will help us with anything. I talked with Greg and he agreed. After pulling her away from her friends outside we brought her in, explained what we were going to do, what she should ask for in her prayer, and then had her pray. When the prayer was over, I looked up and noticed a toy she has that is a dog in a doggy carrier that is in our shelving unit. I said, "Why don't you look in your doggy carrier ("I" thought it made perfect sense for somewhere for a little girl to put a movie about dogs). Greg looked over after I made the suggestion, and sure enough, there on top of the carrier was the movie. The amazing thing was that we had both looked in that shelving unit several times, but somehow missed that one cubical.
I am so grateful that I listened to the Spirit and was able to use this as a great teaching experience for Ellie - and myself. What a true example of the power of prayer.
3 comments:
That's a great story! I have had similar experiences with my children. You're doing a great job.
that's really sweet and will probably be a big "thing" in ellie's life; i bet she'll remember that for quite a while. with mom's help. :)
We had a similiar experience with my mom and her contact falling out while she was here. It fell outside, it was night and it was raining, but she found it within minutes of Jackson saying a prayer!! Faith of a child!
Post a Comment