Monday, June 23, 2008

I'm Exhausted!

This last weekend was a very busy one. I'm glad it's over, but I'm glad for everything that happened. While tiring, it was all very fun and rewarding at the same time.

Friday night - I am the ward food storage specialist and Friday night was our ward canning night. Other than making sure people know about the night, it usually doesn't take a lot of effort on my part. However, since there have been shortages of supplies for the canneries nation wide, the availability of things for my ward members basically changes daily. It's a lot of work to make sure you know what is there so that people don't waste there time coming if there isn't what they want there. This Friday we had supplies, but they didn't have any oxygen absorbers. That made me have to do a mad online search for them resulting in overnighting some from a company in California. While we were limited to 200 cans based on the amount of absorbers I got, I'm glad we did it and had a great turn out.
Saturday morning my neighbor and I went to downtown St. Louis and ran the Susan G. Komen race for the cure 5K. It was a beautiful morning - a titch too hot, but still great weather. We had a great time running together and then went and checked out the rising Mississippi near the arch. It was pretty amazing to see. Unfortunately, I forgot my camera.

Once I got home from the race, it was a crazy whirlwind to get ready for a Garden dinner party I hosted that night. I few months ago we did a service auction in our ward to raise money for the youths camps. I auctioned off a dinner for 3 couples. The weather was perfect and so nice that we had it on our deck. I served shrimp with cocktail sauce and guacamole and salsa with chips for appetizers, then we had grilled chicken with an apricot glaze, curry couscous, green bean salad with feta and cherry tomatoes, and homemade rolls. Since it was Greg's birthday the next day (Sunday) I made this yummy citrus cake with strawberry and cream filling. We had a great time and they all stayed until about 11:30pm.




The table all set for our guest to arrive.





My centerpiece.

The meal.





Our guests: lt. to rt. Dave and Kim Chapman, Erin and Darren Rodabough, Ben and Angela Quinney, and Greg.


Greg and myself with his cake.

Let's just say I didn't do a thing for Greg's actual birthday. I feel kind of bad. He got a grill for Father's Day/birthday so he didn't even open a gift. I'll have to do better next year.

Well, I'm exhausted, so I need to go sleep. Oh yeah, one really great thing was that Jack slept from 10pm to 9am on Sat. into Sunday!!! I broke down and finally gave him a bottle of formula before he went to bed and then some cereal. It's worth it in my mind for sleep like that.

7 comments:

erinmalia said...

that cake is something else megan! i'm impressed.

r.l.secor said...

Megan, you are amazing! I get tired just reading about all that you do. Be gentle with yourself and have a good day!

Aubreydoll said...

What a crazy weekend! What an amazing dinner, you really went the extra mile!

Sarah said...

Uh... o.k. can I just say Super Woman! As food storage specialist you may be interested in this blog post from one of my friend's down here:

http://tonthemove.blogspot.com/2008/06/what-ive-been-up-to-past-week.html

And I think I know the Chapmans from somewhere? How do I know them... I don't know...

emily said...

gosh, megs. you make me feel like a putz. you're amazing! i always pick good friends - too bad they all live way too far away. :(

Terri_B said...

WELL now!!! Everything looked GREAT. I wish I could have had a plate! The greenbeans looked yummy!

Congrats on baby Jack sleeping through the night. My whole life changed when my kids started sleeping through the night. It's amazing what a good nights rest will do for you! I hope he keeps it up!

marlene said...

The tiltons do know how to throw a party. Thanks again for putting us up and putting up with us. Hopefully we'll meet again in the near future.

FYI: we should close on our house the end of july---have had some drama post-inspection, but it looks like it'll work out.