So we decided to go to Aunt Lois's funeral, and I'm so glad that we did. Since it's about a 10 hour drive, I started driving last Tuesday, stopped half way in Indianapolis for the night and stayed with my good friend Anna, and then went the rest of the way on Wednesday. Greg was in CA on a business trip, so he changed his flight to Cleveland and met us there Wed. night. It all worked out really well, but I am in no hurry to get in a car and drive a long distance anytime soon. It was good to see family with Greg's sister Terri coming and his brother Doug. They are such great people and I really like being with them. It was nice to give Uncle Dave and cousins Rob and Jane support. They are great people and it was nice to be with them.
Now we are back in lovely HOT St. Louis. I wish I had a better attitude about it, but I don't. I have decided I really like it when it's overcast and rainy - therefore Michigan and the NW are perfect for me. I just like to be cozy in my house and that's hard to do when it's bright as all get out and 90+ degrees outside. I'm with ya Emily in not liking summer - although I love summers in the west. At least it cools off at night there.
I have made a new resolution to not watch TV. I watch far to much and it just depresses me. Especially the news!!!! No wonder so many people are on anti-depressants these days. There is nothing ever good on. We are constantly bombarded with depressing stories of murder, kidnappings, etc., stories of materialism and how we need more things, and stories of how no matter what we do, we are all bound to come down with a fatal horrible disease that will eventually kill us all. Uplifting - huh??? I have long thought that someone needs to start a newspaper and a TV news program totally dedicated to uplifting and happy news. Can you imagine the difference it would make in ones life to read things like that instead of what we are now faced with?
Like last night, I watched the NBC nightly news and there very last story was SOOOO uplifting it brought me to tears. They told of a man who entered Britain's equivalent to "America's Got Talent". He came before the judges and stated that he was going to sing opera. Everyone seemed a bit doubtful. He was a little over weight, had horrendous teeth, and sold mobile homes for a living. But, when he began to sing, it was the most beautiful thing I've ever heard. He went on to win the show. I was so touched! Now that was worthy news.
I don't mean to belittle the fact that terrible things are happening in the world, I just wish that the terrible and the good would be given fair air time, so that we are not all led to the conclusion that the world is going to pot and that there's nothing we can do about it. There is so much good and I really wish that was spoken of more.
Well enough unloading for now. If you'll excuse me I have an appointment with my shrink and I need to take my Prozac.
1 comment:
it's always good to unload. :) hey, maybe i'll try to give you a call right now!
i'm glad you see the light about the awfulness of summers. :)
love ya, talk to you soon!
Post a Comment