Friday, June 01, 2007

Happy June

I decided I'd go ahead and write something because it's June. I have no particular reason why other than I'm glad it's another month with many exciting things ahead and that Ellie is still asleep so I have time to write.
Yesterday I tackled the kitchen. It has been in absolute upheaval since we've moved in. I couldn't really put anything away because the two pantries were in bad shape with lots of scuff marks and needed to be painted. Thus, all my food was in boxes all over the floor, the garbage was piling up high and it was all driving me nuts. So, I worked on painting the pantries all day yesterday. By about 9pm, there was some order to all of it, but I was exhausted and made Greg finish up. While it's not perfect yet, it was so nice to come down to a "semi" organized kitchen this morning.
So while living in our first ward here in Missouri, a family had us over to dinner and they had 2 adorable shi-tzu's. Now, in my line of work (before Ellie) I saw a lot of dogs and I saw a lot of Shi-tzu's. I've always thought I was a big dog fan, but I have come to really like SOME (emphasis added) small dogs. Anyway, Scott (the dad) just called me this morning asking if I wanted one of their dogs. I had expressed an interest a few weeks ago when they said they were thinking of getting rid of one of them. To be honest I have been thinking about it ever since really hoping they would call because I really want this dog. I honestly don't ever really want many dogs, but this one I have felt good about. The catch is that he's not free, but I didn't expect him to be. Ellie would love a dog and he's pretty good with kids. What should I do? I'm wondering if getting a dog ranks up there in all those major life stresses that they say you should limit yourself to within a yearly time frame. Do you think us moving, purchasing a new home, Greg starting a new job, and us getting a new dog would be to much? I told him I needed to talk to Greg, so we will see.
Well, I better go make a shopping list so that we have some food around here. The cul-de-sac families are getting together today for fun on a water slide for the kids last day of school. They are also having hot dogs and food and I said I'd bring a salad. I'm going to make my grandma's potato salad. I'll post the recipe on the Foodees later.

8 comments:

emily said...

i don't think getting a dog would be too stressful. is he already potty-trained and such? dogs are fun and so i say, "go for it." :)

sounds like you guys have already made some friends there in the neighborhood - that's so nice. have fun this weekend!

i'll be looking for the recipe. . .

erinmalia said...

i agree with em. if the dog's already house-trained, it will be less stressful. and i should know, just adding bruno to our household. it's been fun, but it's certainly a lot of work. could you ask them to hold onto the dog for a couple of weeks, until things calm down some for you guys?

Meg said...

You think like I do Erin - we will not be getting him for a few weeks until things settle down around here. We saw him last night and he is so cute. He is my favorite of the two, so it's a win-win situation. I'll post pictures once it's official.

emily said...

yeah, megs! i can't wait to see the newest tilton. hehe. what's he's name?

emily said...

his name, that is.

marlene said...

esplins say "no dog."

Meg said...

Sorry Esplins - your vote doesn't override the majority.

Becky said...

Yes! Get the dog! Since it's not a puppy, you won't have to worry about it crying through the night, fifty thousand potty breaks, fifty thousand accidents, training, etc. Plus, you know a lot about dogs, so I doubt this would be very new to you. Just be prepared for a bit more work and find someone to trade dog-sitting with and you should be good to go.

Glad you are finally getting to use your regular stuff. Oh, and no, we didn't drive to Arizona, we flew so unfortunately, there was no way for me to just stop by. But I would have loved to.