Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Our Trip to the Beautiful NW


We just got back from a wonderful trip to the Northwest to visit with family. We decided to do it so that we could get one last trip in before having to start paying for Ellie's tickets. We are so glad that we did and we had a great time just relaxing and spending time with loved ones.
Ellie and I went out ahead to spend time with Nana and Hockel. We were able to celebrate Easter with them and Ellie loved "finding" her eggs. She looked so cute in her Easter dress.
After being in Portland for awhile, we drove up to Seattle with my mom to visit with my aunt and uncle. I think the picture of Ellie and my aunt Lindsay is so cute. Ellie just loved their new dog Jack. He is an Australian Labradoodle and I am sold on the bread. He was a perfect size, doesn't shed, and was great with Ellie.
Greg flew in for the last 5 days and we spent that time with his brother and sister and their families in the Tacoma area as well as his brother Ben who flew in from Colorado (we missed you Dave and Robin). It was great to see all the cousins and Ellie had so much fun playing with all of them. All of the adults were able to get away and go out to dinner one night at a really nice restaurant in Seattle called the Dahlia Lounge. The food was excellent - but you definitely paid for it. It was worth it though. We were also able to call Bill and Coy Ann and talk with them for awhile. We hope we didn't make them too homesick.
We had a wonderful time, but are glad to be back "home". As sparse as our apartment may be, it's still ours and it's nice to be back. The cat certainly seemed to miss us.
Hope you all had a wonderful Easter season and will enjoy the beautiful time of spring.


Pretty Girl!

Stopping to smell the flowers.

Forced to take a picture with mom.

Ellie's method of choice for carrying her Easter basket.




Nana helping to find the eggs.



Hanging out with Hockel





Lindsay, Ellie, and Jack





Ellie and Jack







All of us at dinner at the Dahlia Lounge - Yum, Yum!



6 comments:

emily said...

sounds, and looks, like a wonderful trip. i'm jealous. and that ellie girl is too darn cute - oh my! she is such a doll and just gets prettier each time i see a picture of her. i can't believe she's almost 2.

we'll talk soon!

erinmalia said...

and to me, she looks so much older than 2. and it seems like way more than 2 years ago that you had her. whoa! nice pics too. glad that you had a nice trip.

Becky said...

ellie is growing too fast! when will we see a post about baby #2? j/k! have you found a house yet? hope so! keep in touch!--Becky :)

mo said...

And I am so excited that you came to visit Sarah and I was there!!! (Even if I didn't recognize you at first....still blushing over that) It was so much fun to see you again and meet Ellie. You are as amazing as you were when we knew you in NJ. Thanks for coming!!!

Marisa said...

I've finally created an account for myself so that I can comment on your blog. I have such fun reading it! Ellie is darling. It looks like you had a fun time with your family. A friend of mine has a labradoodle and loves it. How is the house search going? We move to our new house in a week. I can't wait to have it done so I can have my husband back! He has been working a lot of extra hours to get it finished. We would love to have you visit if you ever come this way. My girls would love playing with Ellie!

Suzie Petunia said...

Ellie looks so cute in her Easter dress. And that IS a cute dog! I'm so happy you came to see us!