I am absolutely pathetic!!! PATHETIC! We had a big lightening storm here on Tuesday afternoon. It was really neat. I love lightening and thunderstorms so I was enjoying myself. Fortunately, I had the presence of mind to turn off our computer. The one thing I didn't turn off was the modem for our internet and it got "fried". It wasn't totally out of commission so it has taken us a few days to figure out that it was the modem that kept us from hooking up to the internet. But the problem was solved today and now we are back online.
So what does any of this have to do with why I'm pathetic? I was lost, truly lost without my connection to all of my "cyber friends". I moped around the house all week in a fog wondering what to do with my "life". I felt trapped and alone, like the world was continuing on it's exciting adventures and I was being left behind. Fortunately, that is behind us now and I feel reconnected, back on track, ready to receive the next big news.
So bring it on, I'm ready for you. All the happy, sad, exciting, and boring ins and outs of your days.
See, I really am pathetic.
3 comments:
i wouldn't call it pathetic. i don't know what i'd call it, but not pathetic. i know i'd feel the EXACT same way you did - mopey, deprssed, etc. :) welcome back online.
p.s. i want to know about the status of your house - did you get it, is it closing, etc., etc.!
Really, Meg, you're not pathetic. You're just hopelessly addicted to the internet just like the rest of us. I would shrivel up and die without my blogs and email! And yes, you need to update us on your house search. If you're as addicted as you think you are, then there should be a new post by tomorrow morning!! Get crackin'!
You're not pathetic! I feel the same way when my computer is down. It is just part of life and how we feel connected to others in this age of the internet!
Post a Comment