Thursday, May 02, 2013
Mr. Sicky
We have been blessed in this house to have children who are pretty healthy. I can count on one hand the amount of times Jack has ever gotten sick and Ellie is not far behind. That leaves Mr. Christian. I am coming to the conclusion that he has a rare sickness, that based on all research, he will grow out of but it is something that we will have to live with for the next few years.
His "sickness" is that he consistently gets fevers and feels terrible every 4 to 6 weeks. I have started charting it and this last Monday he got the fever again 6 weeks to the day of his last episode. He's not contagious to anyone else, because no one else ever gets sick, and if he's on ibuprofen he is basically normal. Unfortunately the ibuprofen does not last quite long enough so the last 2-3 hours before we can give him another dose, he is miserable. He was miserable again last night at dinner but this morning seems to be back to normal.
We have had blood work done and I've talked to the doctor but the overall conclusion is to let it just play out. There are ways to diagnose it, but it's hard and in the end there is nothing they can do for it anyway. Fortunately he is a really healthy kid otherwise so I can't complain. Besides, it makes him very cuddly and what mommy doesn't love it when their kids want to cuddle!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
interesting. i'm glad he's okay otherwise. not that i ever wish my kids to get/be sick, but sometimes the slowed-down pace of them makes it kind of nice . . .
poor kid, though. hopefully he will just grow out of it.
Post a Comment