Monday, October 29, 2012
The Plan
So in my quest to become closer to my Heavenly Father I've decided to read and ponder one talk each week from our church's latest General Conference. This last one, held the beginning of October, was amazing. I loved so many of the talks. I always find that there is a "theme" that emerges from General Conference, even though no topic is assigned to any of the speakers. This time I felt there was a large emphasis on making sure each of us has a firm testimony of the gospel and that we are willing to do all that is required to be firm and immovable in our testimony of Jesus Christ and in our discipleship towards Him.
With this new goal, I will be posting some thoughts and insights I have gained as I read these talks at the end of each week. If you'd like to join me, that would be great! I am going to first read all of the apostles and First Presidency talks and then go back and read the other authorities talks. I will go in the order they spoke in conference. So, my first talk will be by Elder Quentin L. Cook entitled, "Can Ye Feel So Now." I remember this talk and know there are great things in it. I can't wait to read it, gain more insight, and share with you in a few days.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment