Last weekend was a hard one - in a good way. We worked all Friday afternoon and ALL Saturday in the yard. By Saturday night I was spent. I melted into the couch as Greg slipped in a DVD and that's all I remember until he woke me to stagger upstairs. I cannot remember being that relaxed ever in my life. It was heavenly.
The work was a last minute decision. Basically we redid our lawn. We had to make some quick decisions on certain areas of the yard so that we could maximize our efforts. One of these areas was in the back where a tall pine tree stands on one side of a rocked off "garden" of sorts. We have attempted to grow things there but it has no water source and is too far from the house for us to consistently remember to water. This past summer proved water is needed here if you want things to grow.
After a quick discussion with Greg, we decided to take up the rocks on one half and complete a nice circle around the pine tree. I was determined to enlist help. Boys love dirt and I knew this was just the project for them. There was whining and whaling and possibly some gnashing of teeth but they got it done. I hope I always remember my little 2 1/2 year old hefting rocks half his size. It was inspiring to me.
Once proper equipment was supplied, I had to beg Jack to stop digging because he was uprooting rocks I wanted to stay. While Jack dug I got the crazy idea to just hack a bunch of limbs off the pine tree. I was a bit nervous as to how it would look, but I love how it turned out. It was liberating and empowering for me.
In thinking about this experience, and the way my mind works and how I feel and process things, I'm hoping to do some of my own digging and hacking of sorts. I have recently yearned for a much deeper and more meaningful relationship with God. I long to communicate with Him more sincerely and deeply. I long to uncover treasures of wisdom He has hidden for me to discover. I long to step outside the rote Primary answers which, vital in this quest, lead me to wanting more. I hope you will join me.

1 comment:
sounds good megan. you are so good at self-reflection. i need to do it more.
your hair is lovely! the picture of you is fantastic.
Post a Comment