Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Snapshot


















Greg and I were talking the other day and he was saying how there are times in our little families life that he tries to take a mental picture because they are so perfect and sweet and he never wants to forget them.  I love that he loves to do that.

A few days after that conversation I had to go to the distribution center next to the temple to pick some things up for YW's.  The day was GORGEOUS.  It was warm, a slight breeze and no humidity.  Jack wanted to walk around the temple and since we had time I welcomed the excuse to enjoy the beautiful weather.

At the front of the St. Louis temple there is a big grass area that slopes slightly down.  As soon as he saw the open grass he wanted to run.  I let him.  He had a blast.  As he ran in circles past me he would yell, "This is so fun!"  I had to think that Heavenly Father would have approved.

Later as we walked around the side it was so sweet to see my two boys having the best time, enjoying the beautiful grounds of The House of the Lord.  It was a true snapshot of eternity for me.  I didn't want to be any other place or with anyone else at that moment.  The only thing that would have made it more complete is having had Greg and Ellie there.

Having just celebrated Mother's Day I am reminded of the holy and sacred calling I have to mother such wonderful spirits from my Heavenly Father.  To be honest the beginning days of motherhood were rough for me.  It was a hard transition.  But now, while there are still days that are hard, there is no place I'd rather be.  There is no job that could pay me enough to want to leave these little people to someone else's care. 

One of the most amazing changes I have seen in myself is that as the years go on I enjoy being a mother more and more.  I continue to have a growing desire to be better and do better with them.  They become more and more of my focus and my love for them grows every day.  I am so grateful for a Heavenly Father who has entrusted me with his spirits to have these experiences.  I wouldn't trade it for anything.

2 comments:

emily said...

such sweet sentiments you share megs, thanks.

also, i have honestly noticed that you truly enjoy motherhood now. i'm not saying that i felt like you didn't before, but i can really tell through your blog and when we do chat, that you adore your calling in life. :) what a blessing that is for you and your children and greg.

marisa said...

beautifully said megan...i love watching my kids grow but sometimes it seems like it is happening way too fast! i keep meaning to call you but whenever i think about it i know it will be in one of those busy mom moments!