Wednesday, February 02, 2011

CREATE.......

So February is already here!  Wow how time flies.  January was a good month.  Many good things were accomplished.  It was the month of organizing.  I went through so much stuff.  Closets, cupboards, plastic storage containers.  What a great feeling.  I also helped a friend organize her house that they are getting ready to put on the market.  I realized how much I like doing that for other people.  It's such an awesome feeling to transform a space of clutter to organization.  I'm not perfect at it and there are still many areas in my house to work on.  But I have the whole year.  It's gonna be great!


I will definitely post some before and after pictures of things I work on.  Unfortunately, I had already organized a bunch of stuff before I took pictures.  This is the back of the van (rental van) filled with a load to Goodwill.  There was stuff all the way to the front seats.  I have taken several loads since.  LOVE IT!!!!

So what is my CREATE goal for February?  Well I'll tell ya - it's LOVE.  Especially more love with this guy,

Isn't he cute!!!  I could not have married a better fit for me.  He makes me want to be better all the time.  He lets me be me and yet calls me out when I need to not be so me.  He is a great father and partner.  With three kids and busy callings for each of us our time together seems to get less and less.  I have been thinking of things we can do for more together time.  Those that are blog appropriate (wink, wink) I will pass along during the month.  I'd love to hear some ideas from all of you.  What do you do to create more loving and connection with the special person in your life?

2 comments:

emily said...

your "(wink, wink)" is making me blush. just kidding. kind of. :)

and what an amazing amount of stuff in your van - good for you. i can't wait to go through stuff - like kid clothes! i just have no idea when that will happen. . . someday i hope.

couple time is hard at this time in our lives, i think. but still just as important. i don't think i have any great ideas. but something tiny that ben and i enjoy doing "together" is watching TV. now don't get me wrong - ben and i pretty much hate TV. but we do love hulu and each nite (my last feeding session of the day with lucy) we sit down and watch an episode of the "dick van dyke" show. (99.9% of the time that is the only thing we watch during the week.) so not super romantic, but sometimes it's the little things that can mean a lot in a relationship.

i'd love to hear some great suggestions from you, though.

and, someday megan, someday. . . we'll actually catch each other and visit on the phone. someday. . .

r.l.secor said...

OK - so knowing some of the difficulties in our relationship you can appreciate that this has been a very good thing for us...
READING TO EACH OTHER. We have only done it a few times but each time has always been VERY SWEET. We read the last 2 Harry Potter books to each other. Before we started I thought it might be dreadfully slow. BUT it wasn't We really loved it.

For Christmas I asked Matt to read this other book with me... I had spent the last year reading it (a page at a time in the bathroom :)
and thought it was very good and helpful.

it is called
YOU DON'T NEED TO SLAY MY DRAGONS JUST TAKE OUT THE TRASH.
http://www.amazon.com/Dont-Need-Slay-Dragons-Trash/dp/1590388623

I asked him to write me a note stating the terms (ie. one chapter, once a week, on Sunday night) and that I would initiate the reading each week.

He has enjoyed it and wanted to read it on NON SUNDAYS, and has helped him to treat our girls differently.

So, you don't have to read self help... but that is my best suggestion.

I like CREATE LOVE that is a really cool application for your word of the year for this month.

Good luck Creating!