My friend (E) wrote a recent post about how her neighbors showed up 5 minutes early to an event at their home. She was so surprised because she is use to MST (Mormon Standard Time). Her post made me realize I need to document my feelings on this subject.
I am a planner. I have gotten fairly good at planning dinners and parties down to the minute. Therefore, if someone shows up early at my house for an event, I'm not happy. In fact, it makes me kind of grumpy. And I don't hide grumpy very well. I'm even slightly annoyed if they are right on time. I really try and not fault them for this since they are coming when I asked them to so if I'm not ready, it's my fault. But, life happens and I always think it's nice to give your host a "grace period" if you will. I feel this "grace period" can fall somewhere between 5-15 minutes. Anything beyond that and I start to wonder if you are even coming and that can make me grumpy too.
Now if only I could get church to have a "grace period" I'd be on time every week.
5 comments:
i don't think you'll find any luck of getting that grace period at church. :) but if your whole ward showed up at MST then perhaps you could. . .
oh megan, I SO SO SO agree. If people come even ONE minute early, Oh i am so ticked. So wierd huh? Unless it was like my mom or sister.... those would be the only exceptions, then I would put them to work.
Cache's b-day this happened and I just looked at Devin and was like "WHAT?!" I HATE early people... I'm sure he judged my stinkin attitude.
You said it more gracefully though. I will now say: What happened to my grace period?! It's like changing the rules.. it's rude to be ontime! I can live much happier in this world. Thanks Megan I feel better about myself now.
I like to be on time; not early, not late, just right on time. Like on the dot. If I arrive somewhere early, I will sit outside until the very minute I'm supposed to be there.
time sucks. push pause.
I am sorry you feel that way. I am probably one of those people that made you angry because of that. I am early to everything. Always. My dad trained me it is better to be fifteen minutes early than one minute late. Thanks for sharing your opinion on the matter. I guess it just goes to show we are all different in our opinions.
Post a Comment