Sunday, August 22, 2010

Happy Friday!

A long, long time ago, Greg brought me home a gift one Friday after work.  He wrapped it in a pretty bag and declared it my "Happy Friday" gift.  Thus was born a tradition.  Ever since then on most Fridays I get a fun little gift from him.  Some are very useful, some are fun, and some are as simple as a candy bar or some rootbeer.  To be honest, I don't really care what he gives me.  It truly is the thought that counts.

This past Friday the gift was gum.  He felt lame with just giving me gum so he got a card to go along with it.  Cards are not usually included in "Happy Friday" gifts so it was fun.  When I read it I laughed because it could not be more fitting with my life at times of late.  I thought I'd share.  It reads:

"If I could , I'd find a fairy godmother with a magical wand and combat boots so that she could grant your wishes and kick the crap outta anything that tried to get in the way of your happiness."

Don't we all need one of those?  He may not be a Fairy Godmother, but with acts like these I'm not really sure I need one. 

7 comments:

emily said...

i want a "happy friday." :)

i sure like that greg of yours, too. glad you got him! and glad he got you, too.

Crystal and Billy said...

Haha! That totally made me laugh. I love that.

Suze said...

I like the image of Greg with a magic wand and combat boots... or maybe a magic spoon? :)

Kim Chapman said...

What a cool tradition. Greg and Dave need to talk :)

r.l.secor said...

that's beautiful... thats what every woman wants to hear from their husbands! You should frame it and sign it LOVE GREG...

Go Greg - that's good stuff!

I should call you soon.

Britt said...

i love Greg!

Lorrie and Kent said...

I love this. Make's me wonder what I should be doing for my husband. I want him to write things like this about me. (For over worked mothers is this not intended to make you feel guilty.)