Tuesday, August 03, 2010

A Spinning Ball Comes To Rest and a Question is Answered for Inquiring Minds

In recent posts I have mentioned some situations of difficulty that I have been going through.  A few months ago I felt so unsettled and so tossed about that my heart could find no rest.  I felt like I was dealing with so many spinning balls of uncertainty that it took everything I had to just get through the day.

Fortunately some events as of late have helped ease that anxiety and given me strength in other areas of uncertainty and pain.

A few months ago I was given a new calling in young women's as the second counselor over Beehives.  Because of small promptings, I knew it was coming.  When extended the call I was very excited.  I was so excited to be working with the other women in the presidency.  However, there was still a feeling of unsettledness.  The president had been in for several years and the 1st counselor was getting ready to move soon.  We worked well together and I was deeply touched and taught by these amazing women and their testimonies yet in the back of my mind I knew it wasn't going to last.   I was uncertain of where the dissolving of the presidency would leave me.

I found out we were going to be released the Saturday before it happened.  I knew I was remaining in the presidency but did not know right away who the new president was.  That afternoon while standing in the trim section of Home Depot I got a call from the bishop.  He told me that they were reorganizing the presidency and asked if I would be willing to stay in my calling as second counselor with the new president.  He then proceeded to tell me the new women I would be working with.  After he told me I had a powerful confirmation of the fact that the Lord knew of my circumstances.  That he was aware of me and loved me and that these women I was called to serve with was a witness of that love.  The peace that washed over me at that moment was so needed and such a blessing.

Things are still hard at times.  I have my good and bad days.  But, because of little things that show me the Lord is aware of me, that may not seem significant to anyone else, I have hope and faith to keep going, to keep trying, and to know that while I may feel things in my life are spinning out of control at times He is ultimately in control and will bring them all to rest in His time.

3 comments:

Kara and Chant said...

I was so excited when I heard who the new presidency was. I haven't been to church since you were put in, but all of you are extraordinary women and I could see that there would be good chemistry between the three of you and you will be able to work together well. I am so excited to be working with the three of you. We are back now, so I will finally be at church again Sunday. I hope everything is going well for you in other areas of your life. I have been thinking about sweet Ellie lately. How is she liking school? I am nervous for the big day! The 16th! See you Sunday!

emily said...

sounds like all will be well with ya. :) not that i ever doubt that.

i really enjoyed talking to you on sunday. you sounded really great and happy - and so that made me happy.

it's always nice when we are once again assured that the Lord knows who we are.

Amie Orton said...

Call me a good guesser....;)

You alwasy seem so IN control of your life Megan. So suprising to hear that you felt any different.
I miss yw. That calling was such a stretch for me, but we all need to stretch sometimes, scratch that. All the time. I did love it though. Love those girls. It didn't feel like you had to stretch much though. I always thought: She is so perfect for this calling. So ready.

You guys are going to have a blast with all those new women in there. So cool.