Wednesday, June 02, 2010

"Hank You Mom"


Three words every parent can't wait to hear come from their children is "I love you".  I'm sure we all coach this to happen a lot but it doesn't mean as much until they say it on their own - uncoached.  I have been "coaching" Jack for some time to say those three words.  From the very beginning he refused to say it back.  It has now become a game.  As I layed him down today and pulled his door closed I said, "I love you Jack."  There was a pause as he peeked his head over the crib rail and then he said,
"Hank you Mom."

It's not "I love you", but it's our way of saying "I love you".  And while I will rejoice in the day he tells me he loves me, there will be a part of me that will miss the "Hank you Mom" - cause it's 100% Jack and filled with more love than any phrase could possibly hold. 

3 comments:

Kara and Chant said...

That is so sweet!

emily said...

yep, very sweet. and you spelled it exactly right for a 2 year-old. :) perfect.

Yvonne said...

That is so sweet! :)