Wednesday, June 23, 2010
Change
I use to crave change. After getting over the debilitating homesickness of my early college years I would start to get antsy when the seasons changed. It would mean my life would change also in someway. A new set of classes, a new apartment, new roommates. For the most part I looked forward to the change. It was exciting. New adventures layed ahead.
I feel like that need for change existed through the early part of our marriage. Now, not so much.
Changes lay ahead for me. Most are not welcome, but I'm realizing they are not in my control. The unfortunate part is that all seem to be happening at the same time. They will cause some major instability in my life. The only thing that keeps me going is that I know they will take me to a place I couldn't take myself without them. They will stretch and pull and hurt, but in the end I will be grateful for the change. Grateful for the instability because I know it will eventually create greater stability and groundedness (is that a word?). At least, that's what I hope for. A better sense of self, a clearer and more Christ like picture of others, deeper relationships with those who want, need, and deserve them. A true change of heart and perspective. In many ways, a very welcomed change.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
i do have a love-hate relationship with change. but usually it works out for the best, right? it sounds like you have a great perspective on change, though! whatever it is (do we get to know???) i think you'll handle it all beautifully.
You're very mysterious, you know. Talking around what's going on....What's going on?
are you moving?
I have one guess...haha. but it is simply that.
You are always mysterious on the blog. I forgot to ask you about a post posted about 1 year ago now... I hope I remember to ask you before I leave...otherwise I will always wonder.
Your kids are so cute. I like change in some areas, not in others. I despise how quickly my sweet babies are becoming children instead of babies. :)
Megan, I think you like to make us crazy. You should put a poll at the end of each blog where we can rate the level of craziness you have inspired in our hearts. Of course you would know it for sure if we all started calling or ringing your doorbell - HEY CRYSTAL, AMIE ... let me know if you're headed that way!!!
J/K (sorta). I'm just feeling ornery since I got to respond to another friends blog en Francais.
Good Luck tomorrow.
Here's my guesses:
Moving, pregnant, early menopause, parents want to move in with you, won the lottery, running for office instead of running marathons, starting a business breeding your neighbors "s~x tree", or, this is a big one: you've decided that you are going to push everyone out of the way and sign up to be Ellie's Room Mother.
whatever it is, whew!
Post a Comment