I cannot even begin to tell you how nice it has been to have my mom here. She cooks, she cleans, she does my laundry, changes poopy diapers, etc., etc., etc. Really, the list is endless. One really fun thing that she has helped me with is complete some projects around the house. We redid Jack's room many months ago but I could never find the time to finish the dustruffle for the crib. With her here, I finally got it done and now the room is complete as much as I think it needs to be at this time. There are a few tweaks I could do but there are other projects that need to be addressed first.
Let me just tell you that I LOVE this room - love, love, love it!! It gives me such a great feeling when I look into it everytime I go down the stairs. It just amazed me how everything came together once I decided to do a safari type theme. I am not a believer in doing a nursery for a baby that then has to be changed when they're two. Who has that kind of time and money? I love this room because it is soooo boy and he can grow into it for a long time. I can't wait to post about the awesome AWESOME idea I found when he graduates to a bed. Would love to do it now, but keeping him contained is the number one goal right now.
So, now for the tour. I will take you through and let you know what I did. Any questions, just leave a comment (gushing with admoration of coarse) and I'll let you know how I did it or where I got it.
Enjoy!!!
So you have to always start with befores:
This room was an office for the previous owners. Office no longer....
After:
1. Elephant painting - Home Goods
2. All items on the shelf - Home Goods
3. Duvet material - online order (can find the info. if ya really want it)
4. Dust ruffle, pillow on chair and curtain fabric - clearance at JoAnn's and Hancock Fabric
5.Rocking chair - Craigs list
6. Rug - LOVE THE RUG - my one big splurge item to tie it all together - Land of Nod
7. Wall treatment in navy and white shelf - stole the idea from a Pottery Barn Kids catalog.
7. Giraffe and tree painting - found image online and got a projector to transfer it onto the wall.
8. Crib and changing table - already had and family.
There you have it. Stay tuned for a bathroom remodel and window treatment that have been done since my mom was here. You will love them.
Have a great day!
10 comments:
amazing and perfect. truly. you pretty much answered my questions. . .but did you paint the giraffe then on the wall? you projected it and then what? outlined it? if so, with what? how did you do it basically??? :)
someday i'll pay you to come and help me out at my house. you and my sis. it would be perfect.
So I did paint that on. I outlined the image first in pencil but DON'T DO THAT. It's really hard to get the pencil off the wall. I saw someone after I did this who outlined in chalk - brilliant since it will rub/wash right off. Got it?
That's totally awesome. I love the room! If you ever want to visit your old stomping grounds, come to our house and paint a few cool things on our walls! Very impressive!
I love it!! You almost got me motivated to do Cole's room. Maybe this summer. When I get ready to do it I might be emailing you to help me out.
aaaaa-dorable
Cute! You guys did a great job with the room. I love the green giraffe print blanket.
Way to go! I love the navy blue wall. I might call you for instructions when I get around to decorating our new home.
You've inspired me, and I'm running with it. I'll post pics of Stephen's room soon. I forgot to take before shots (I've started painting) though.. SO EXCITING!
Gushing, gushing, gushing....adoring, adoring, adoring.
How did you do the navy wall? That is awesome! Very cute way to do a boys room instead of the usual "sports" theme. I love it!
Post a Comment