My husband got a new calling recently - ward mission leader. Selfishly I was less than excited about it. It will take him away at least one night a week and requires more of his time that I already feel cheated of. However, I know that it will be a really good thing for him and our family. I also know that when there are sacrifices on behalf of the Lord, He always returns them with blessings and added strength. It truly never ceases to amaze me. We have wanted to be a more missionary focused family and I know this can only help.
So with that little piece of knowledge, you can imagine my great surprise and wee bit of excitement when I read THIS this morning. I called Greg immediately and we both had a good laugh about having them in our home for dinner and finally meeting a blogging superstar. If nothing else I will see them at Stake conferences and that is good enough for me.
The church truly is a small place - even with all 12 million + of us, our paths still seem to cross in some way. It's amazing, truly amazing!
2 comments:
I couldn't believe it when I read that this morning. I knew we were getting in a new mission pres in July but I had no idea. Pretty cool. Greg is a great ward mission leader. Our family grew so much from Chant having that calling and I cried when he was released just because it was so amazing for us to be involved on a personal level in the missionary work in this ward. Good luck! And if you ever need an ear I am here, trust me I know what you are going through!
That is so exciting.
Post a Comment