Wednesday, October 31, 2007

A Blast From the Past


I am coming to realize that my ability to control every move of my child is starting to slowly fade away. You only have a few years where they have no opinion, or if they have one it doesn't really matter. Halloween is the perfect example of losing some decision making in your child's life.
This year, if Ellie had had her way, she would have been a princess, but since I know by next year I will not be able to keep her from being what she wants - at least not without a huge fight - I decided I would make her be what I wanted one last time.

But before you get to see what she was this year, lets review the last two years.

1st Halloween - BamBam




2nd Halloween - Pippy Longstockings


And this year, 3rd Halloween - Flash Dancer - a true trip back in time!


Hope you all had a great Halloween!

5 comments:

erinmalia said...

omygosh. those pictures are all hysterical! i love the one of ellie as pippi!

Terri_B said...

Thanks Megan, loved the pictures! You are absolutley right about the princess thing. Lainey has been a princess for 5 out of the last 7 years. My advice... Go to the Disney Store the day after Halloween. They mark all of their costumes down 75% off. Even the beautiful princess gowns. Lainey has them ALL!! We have gotten some of her dresses for as low as 12 dollars a piece!! I AM NOT KIDDING! So if you have time GO TODAY for next years costume!

emily said...

awwww, too CUTE!!! i love it. i hope i have one more year of halloween inluence over miles. he told me he wants to be a skeleton next year. boring. :) we'll see. . .

i'm glad you posted a pic of ellie - i love seeing that cutie!

marisa said...

The flash dance dancer is great! Here is what I have figured out...if you let them dress like princesses everyday, or everyday when they want to, you can usually convince them to be something else for Halloween. I always let Lainey look through the cute costumes in the parenting magazines or online with me, and she always finds something that she likes that is not a princess!

Dawn said...

Tiltons!! Long time no talk! I came across your blog on Esplins. We have one now finally. Please add us to yours and I will ad you to ours. I would love to stay in touch. Ellie looks so big, I can't believe how much she's changed!! I love her flash dance outfit. So fun!!! Hope to hear from you soon.