Thursday, November 15, 2007

A little Catch-up


Well, my blogging has been much less than normal lately. I wish I felt bad about it, but I don't. We have been so busy that there just hasn't been time. I will try and catch you up a little now and give you a glimpse into what will be coming in the future.

As you can see from the last post, we had a great Halloween. Here's a picture of Ellie carving a pumpkin. She seemed to enjoy it.




Fall has THANKFULLY finally come to Missouri. We are suppose to be in the 30's and 40's for the next few weeks and I could not be happier. I'm just not a warm weather girl. I enjoy my seasons. Here are some pictures of Ellie playing with the neighborhood kids in the leaves in our backyard. They all had a blast.



















In October we went to Indianapolis for Greg to run his 4th marathon. The results were not what he had hoped for, but I'm still very proud of him for doing it. If anything, he's one "hot" runner!




Yesterday, Ellie got her first haircut! Can you believe that she is almost 2 1/2 and I have never cut her hair? She did great and talked about it ALL day long. She is such a girl in soooo many ways.





In addition to all of the "normal" life things we have been doing,
we are trying to get our house ready for Thanksgiving when my family will be coming. We are so excited to have them here and have been working like mad men for the last several weeks. We have repainted, 4 rooms, bought a dining room table, leather chairs, and a new bed, put up a faux wall panel in the kitchen, and are trying to decorate it all at the same time. I have to make curtains for the kitchen and guest bedroom today - something that has been put off way too long. I will be posting pictures once everything is totally done. It has been stressful, but also really fun. It is a good motivator. Greg got into it by typing all of our tasks up on Excel, color coding them, and dating them as to when we were suppose to do them. Totally a "geeky" thing to do, but I must admit it has kept us on schedule and we have accomplished a ton. I joke with my mom that when she finally gets here we'll say "hi" and then go to sleep for 3 days. Everyone can help themselves to turkey!

We are greatly blessed and have many things to be thankful for this holiday season. Hope you all have a great Turkey Day - if I don't report back before then.

9 comments:

emily said...

yeah, a new post! i check EVERY day ya know. :) i love ellie - she is so adorable. i'm going to call you right now, so bye!

erinmalia said...

those pics of ellie are adorable. she looks old! (well, not old, but older, you know.) and so fun to have family on thanksgiving in a new house. nice job getting everything done!

Terri_B said...

WHOOP-A-DI-DOOOO a new post!!!!!! Sounds like you're a busy girl! I check EVERY day too Emily! I seriously was so excited to see a new post! Megan, I didn't get Lainey's hair cut till she was 3. David wouldn't let me cut it before then. When I did it at 3 he was so sad! He's weird! But I love him anyway! I want to see lots of pics of Brandon and his fam. if he is coming for T-giving! Tell them all HI from the Bastows!

marlene said...

good to see you back in gear. her hair really is fun, she's so much more grown up. hope st. louis is being kind to you all. some fondue sounds nice right now.

Anonymous said...

Hey y'all! Glad Missouri is treating you well. Jackson's hair is sooo long but the curls win over store clerks in a heartbeat-how can I cut it? Actually it is on the to do list this week! One more thing we have to be grateful for-we're expecting a little girl this April! Yaah!!

Suzie Petunia said...

WoW! Sounds like you've been super busy! I hope everyone appreciated all the work you did for their visit. Doesn't it feel nice to do so much to your house? I hope you all had a nice Thanksgiving together.

Congrats on your hubby's marathon! And Ellie looks adorable.

marisa said...

Not that I have posted lately..but i want to hear all about Thanksgiving adventures! Hope all went well. Congrats on getting so much done on your house, I finally got my kitchen cabinet doors back, they're half off! Yeah!

Kendra said...

Hey there! I'm trying to be a good blogger, and I just got tagged, so now I'm tagging you! the rules are on my blog! I love it when you post new things too:)

Terri_B said...

meg..... I need your new home address!?! Here is my email... terribastow at msn dot com would you be so kind and email it to me??? Thanks!