So my dad was able to come for a few days last week and Ellie LOVED IT! She really likes my dad, which makes me happy. He is the most blessed person in the family, seeing as she will bless him in every prayer she says (and she's been saying ALL the prayers lately) and sometimes he is mentioned 2-3 times. I often have to remind her to bless mommy and daddy - I was starting to feel left out.
It is such a great feeling to have your kids attach themselves to your parents, in-laws, and their aunts/uncles and cousins. I think they are all really great people, and I of course think Ellie's great, so it's nice to see her form relationships with them. It makes me sad that they aren't closer, but there are pros and cons to every situation you're in. As my friend Brittany said once, "Your kids will be as close to their extended families as you want them to be." I think that is very true, it just takes a little more effort when they don't live in the same town.
4 comments:
cute, cute picture! how fun that your dad came out.
so is that your backyard - complete with a swing-set, tramp, and pool????? looks super fun! in a kid way, of course. :)
great post, meg. i'm glad ellie is so attached to grandpa. tell him tabasco says hi!
and from the side of the person who is the in-law, aunt, etc, i LOVE it when my nieces and nephews attach themselves to me! i know it's hard, but i try to be in their lives as much as possible. well, i do for emily's boys at least. :)
Hello Megan, Greg, and Ellie -
The kids are SO excited that you have a dog now along with George! Ellie sure has grown up! Love - Sher Salyards and family
Post a Comment