
This post goes along with my friend Emily's most recent post. I'm sure all you mothers out there will be able to relate.
So we finally put an offer on a house! This is very exciting news for us. We still have the inspection to get through and have to feel good about some things, but we are feeling good about it so far. It's not exactly the house of our dreams, but it has a lot of potential and will be a fun place for our kids. We do have a major concern with an issue in the basement, but I won't go into that right now. I have a feeling it will all be resolved and we will be happy with our decision. If not, I hope Heavenly Father clearly states to us that we are not to live there.
Anyway, back to the reason for this post. So we went by the house and talked to some of the neighbors about the neighborhood and how they like it, etc. As we were standing on one gentleman's porch talking with him, I all of a sudden heard Ellie saying, "Icky". She has discovered her nose orifice and finds it fascinating to stick her finger in it. She often gets little boogers on her finger and then sticks her finger out to me and says, "Icky". So, when I heard her saying, "Icky" this afternoon, I was not too concerned. You can imagine my horror as I turned to look and noticed that my, ever so friendly daughter, was sticking the BIGGEST booger I have ever seen into our soon-to-be neighbors face. Of course I did not have any tissue so I had to do the motherly thing and bare hand grab it. All the while trying to act like it was no big deal and continue on with the conversation. I was left with having to let the booger dry in my fingers and then fling it away. Not one of motherhood's more glamorous moments. However, I'm sure we made a lasting impression. Just what kind of impression remains to be seen.
2 comments:
dang, where was your camera at a time like that? :)
i was just telling ben i was wondering about the house offer - so i guess we'll see. i'm excited to hear all about it. i'll try to give you a call sometime this week. love ya!
hey congrats on the house bid---i hope that it works out for you, at least in that you'll feel good about it one way or the other. let us know what happens. I think that Allison and Nick Miller will be moving to St. Louis later this summer, you should all meet up.
Finally, happy birthday not so long ago, we would have like to have celebrated w/you all. We missed you at emron's big bash---30 is a big step, maybe.
Otherwise, I'm just getting to that awkward stage of the pregnancy and am blindly hoping that #2 is better to me on the way out.
like the photos.
marlene
Post a Comment